For Sale: Studebaker 1929 - $10,000 (Battle Mountain, NV)

It's a 1927 Studebaker Commander Big Six Model EW by the body style with integrated visor, cowl and headlight size and placement.  Built on the 120" wb chassis, these have the Big Six 354 ci. engine and four-wheel brakes.  For a capable tour car of the 1920's with considerable torque on tap, it would be hard to beat one of these. 

• Like 3

Battle Mountain is a community of about 4,000, pretty much in the dead center of sparsely populated Nevada. I always wonder how a car like this gets to a place like that and if it has any local history. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

Battle Mountain is a community of about 4,000, pretty much in the dead center of sparsely populated Nevada. I always wonder how a car like this gets to a place like that and if it has any local history. 

Pure conjecture on my part, but at $1,585 factory priced for the Model EW sedan, if this Studebaker has local history, it was originally purchased by a relatively prosperous gentleman who could afford a car that with transportation charges etc might have been nearly $2,000.  Perhaps a banker, businessman, rancher, mine owner, etc. to traverse the broad arid expanses in relative comfort and capable of higher speeds, much more so than a Ford, Chevrolet, Overland, Essex.  Studebaker had a vast dealer network in place from their position as the number one producer of wagons, carriages, buggies in America during the 19th century.   Battle Mountain, Nevada would likely have had a Studebaker dealer who took up selling cars as the world transitioned to the new mode of transportation.   A Studebaker Commander, along with a Buick Master Six, or Nash Advanced Six, or Willys-Knight 66 were all solid, respectable choices for the prosperous if modest gentleman and his family.

• Like 3