1948 Kaiser - $4,000 (Starbuck)

Something different to consider. 

I am in no way associated with this vehicle.

https://stcloud.craigslist.org/cto/d/starbuck-1948-kaiser/7540444968.html

1948 kaiser

condition: fair
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 89000
odometer broken
title status: clean
transmission: manual

1948 Kaiser that is ready to be restored. It has been sitting in a garage for the last 15 years. New parts include water pump, fuel pump, master brake cylinder and wheel cylinders. It would not start this spring so will need some engine work. Cash only accepted.
Own a car that nobody else has.

00t0t_eo0Dei0u26Lz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00707_bUxABSECOd7z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00t0t_crwa5iiX04mz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_4cjPZxWq2PQz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

It's a 48 Kaiser Special in either Dubonnet or Cardinal red - I'd need to see the trim tag to know for sure. It looks reasonably solid so if it can be made to run and drive without a lot of expense and - if one can live with the seller's interesting choice of interior material - you'd have something different to drive. 

I've owned several 47-50 Kaisers and they are easy to drive and maintain. The radio would be the hardest thing to sort...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Back in the day (1954-1955?), my Dad was offered a '48 Kaiser like this one.

They were a reasonably solid and dependable, staid, but uninspired, and somewhat uninspiring car - especially to a teenager who was impressed with OHV V-8 Caddy, Olds, Buick, as well as jet-age styling of Cadillac and the newly restyled and supercharged 1955 Kaiser.

$20.00 or 25.00 as I recall, with a reasonably decent interior.

It was running and driving - just a decent used car in fair shape, but with a serious clutch chatter.

Dad chose to pass on the '48 Kaiser, and bought a '50 Nash Statesman - 4-door with the flathead "6", 3-on-the-tree and no overdrive.

• Like 1