For Sale: 1942 Lincoln Continental Coupe - $23,000

For Sale: 1942 Lincoln Continental Coupe - $30,000 - Vining, MN - Still Available, Price Reduced to $23,000: 6-13-2023: See New Link Below:

1942 Lincoln Continental - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1942 Lincoln Continental V12
Restored in 1982. Show winner - National first place with Classic Car Club and Antique Automobile Cub.
Completely authentic.
Runs and drives excellent. new gas tank, fuel pump and carburetor.
Newer Firestone tires.
V12 engine
3-speed with electric overdrive
Vacuum windows and antenna. AM radio.
Correct wool and leather interior.
Chrome is excellent.
Paint has started to bubble.
Very nice undercarriage and engine compartment.
Copy and paste in your email: 7a84ad5f184431609dcf14be2ff95fcf@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1942 Lincoln Continental Coupe.

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942, Edited by Kimes and Clark states 200 built.

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn a.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn b.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn c.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn d.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn e.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn f.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn g.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn h.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn i.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn j.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn k.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn l.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn m.jpg

'42 Lincoln Continental Mn n.jpg

• Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1942 Lincoln Continental Coupe - $30,000 - Vining, MN - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $29,000: 6-7-2023:

Sharp car and I think it's a good buy, but paint color might be holding it back.

Only a $1K reduction after all this time tells me the seller is conflicted about selling.

Easy to see why.

• Like 1

It's been in our family since 1970 or so. Former Wriggly car from Chicago. Never driven in the winter. When we took it apart, we loosened the bolts, and they all spun off easily by hand. Absolutely no rust ever on this car. Never abused. During the war, the Wrigglys put the car away. After the war, it had just 5,000 miles on the odometer. A collector from Iowa bought it sometime after the war with that mileage, then used it to drive back and forth between Chicago and Iowa, putting on nearly 100,000 miles.... but never in the winter. The original engine was replaced in the 1950s by Andy Granatelli with a Cadillac 331 V-8. When it was restored in the late 1980s, a V-12 was located and installed. The car really didn't need restoration. While the seats and carpet were replaced with correct materials, the door and side panels are original and like new, as is the headliner. The 34-year-old paint job needs to be re-done.  

Price reduced to $23,000. As mentioned, it's a LOT of car for the money, and a very nice driver. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with this car at this price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• West Peterson changed the title to For Sale: 1942 Lincoln Continental Coupe - $23,000

Somewhere I have in a folder the very first speeding ticket I ever got when I was 16 years old ... and it was in this car. I've lost count of how many speeding ticket's I've gotten since. I guess I figured I was never going to have perfect record, so there was no reason to worry about it. Life's been fun...

• Like 1