Horn cap 65 GS

Turbinator

please find ever so slightly used horn cap for 65 GS wood steering wheel.

chrome metal, plastic emblem, direct fit. Exact size to fit GS wood steering wheel. 14 day 100% refund return.

Must come back the condition you received the horn cap. Your payment is your check, Zelle, No PayPal here. Like PayPal? Go to EBay. $400.00 plus $10.00 for postage USA PM Turbinator.

CC6D5AB1-2776-4E48-B53C-4107130CDA05.jpeg

337184F5-E2AC-4721-9DF4-BB221E206FD5.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/19/2022 at 10:43 PM, Turbinator said:

please find ever so slightly used horn cap for 65 GS wood steering wheel.

chrome metal, plastic emblem, direct fit. Exact size to fit GS wood steering wheel. 14 day 100% refund return.

Must come back the condition you received the horn cap. Your payment is your check, Zelle, No PayPal here. Like PayPal? Go to EBay. $400.00 plus $10.00 for postage USA PM Turbinator.

CC6D5AB1-2776-4E48-B53C-4107130CDA05.jpeg

337184F5-E2AC-4721-9DF4-BB221E206FD5.jpeg

Hi Turbinator
May I ask from where you have found the inlay emblem of this horn cap?

Thank you.

In a word Yes. Depends on what you want for the inlay as you call it. American manufacturers will make them for you, but quite pricey mold costs and. minimum order quantity makes the inlay untouchable. I've made numerous Riviera emblems that turn out with mixed results. Mixed results meaning some were merchantable quality others were not. The most important thing is do you have an image of what your want to recreate for your steering wheel? A pic of the Grant style steering wheel would be helpful.

Turbinator

23 hours ago, Schmiddy said:

May I ask from where you have found the inlay emblem of this horn cap?

Thank you.

Schmiddy, if you want to purchase just the inlay I can find one. Our corporate policy is we do not divulge confidential information. Thank you for your inquiry. Please pm me if you wish to proceed.

Turbinator

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RIVNIK said:

Grant makes a center cap w authentic looking Riviera R inlay to fit it's own wheels.

Rivnik, always interested in new and better products. I searched “ Grant” website for more than a few minutes.

I was unable to find to find the R inlay.

would you copy the link and post so we can see this gem?

Thank you

Turbinator

On 8/23/2022 at 10:28 AM, Byondxtrme said:

Does anyone make an inlay like that so can put on a grant type steering wheel? 

Second thoughts if your grant type steering wheel will accept the Riviera wood wheel horn cap and you have a Riviera wood steering wheel horn a $150.00 exchange with your horn cap and I send a new horn cap out. If you don’t like it send it back I’ll refund all your money. You pay postage for trip back.

Bob Burnopp

5 hours ago, RIVNIK said:

Grant makes a center cap w authentic looking Riviera R inlay to fit it's own wheels.

I have been looking for a while and couldn’t find one, even if someone made a sticker that would go over horn button would work. 

2 hours ago, Byondxtrme said:

I have been looking for a while and couldn’t find one, even if someone made a sticker that would go over horn button would work. 

Sir, surfing the internet looking for “ stickers” can fill your bill. It takes a bit to find them, but they are there. Good Luck.

I bought the Grant wheel many years ago on eBay. It was styled after a Corvette wheel of the same era & bears a strong resemblance to the Riv GS wheel. You could order the wheel w any of their available center cap symbols, the big "R" being one of them. They are buried in an overcrowded shed but I will post a pic if I can find them.

Maybe not a "strong" resemblance, as the Grant is smaller in diameter & has three spokes, but the spokes are very similar in design. The main advantage is the fatter, softer rim which gives a more comfortable, modern feel. I used it for years til I found the perfect stock wheel for my Riv "de-modification"

18 minutes ago, RIVNIK said:

The Grant center cap & the Riv cap are not switchable. I believe the Grant cap is a smaller diameter, does not have cut-outs for the spokes and, of course, is no where near the quality of Turbinator's.

The price differential is significant. I would hope the appearance and fit of mine would be as close as your are going to get to original. Discretionary spending on hobby cars has its limits for most of us. It appears the wealthy that buy $100k cars at Barrett Jackson can spend as they please. It is all in fun.

Thank you

Turbinator

4 hours ago, Schmiddy said:

Can you send us the link? (was it for the stickers or for the Riviera inlay??) Thx.

Mr. Schmiddy, Rivnik and I are kidding around. Rivnik never provided a link showing the “ R” inlay for the cap. We were just having fun. He knows and I know there are no other R inlays other than what is in the horn cap. As far as stickers are concerned there are plenty of opportunities on the internet. You’ll spend hours combing suppliers all over the world. I found one supplier who produced an expensive repro that had the black washed out. The chrome R was the color white. The repro was not good. I’ve spent hours making the stickers with no consistent quality. A few were sold and some were well received as caps for two bar spinners. Many never left the shop.

Im not going to make any more stickers.

Warmest Regards,

Bob Burnopp 

• Like 1

Rivnik wasn't kidding, I was just being stupid. I was trying to answer Byondxtrme's question about an "R" cap for his Grant wheel, which is available. Unfortunately I'm working out of a very old used brain & didn't have my Grant in front of me to compare emblems. I guess what probably got somebody miffed was my misuse of the term "inlay" to describe the Grant "R"emblem, which is in fact not an inlay or sticker, but is built in to the horn button, & is much smaller than the stock one.  my bad.  Anyway, henceforth one might want to research & verify anything I say, as I have been known to miss-remember, conflate, exaggerate, & even make stuff up.                     sorry                          Drew                                                                                                                                                              

• Like 1

It’s a great source for repurpose of materials and saving money. If the emblem is scratch free and 1 7/8” diameter satisfies then you have a start. Taking your horn cap apart should not be too hard. There may be a risk of something not going the way you want. ( I’ve taken one apart) Then you’ve got to get back together. It may be a challenge that many of you are up to and can handle. Now if all that to  go through is not worth $150.00 then you should try. If not, 

Ill send you a horn cap, for $150.00, that has never been on the road in/on a car that will fit your 65 Wood steering wheel in exchange for your core horn cap. If you don’t like it send it back I’ll give all your money back. Thank you for your interest. You pay for postage both ways.

7890DBAC-FF76-437D-B5B9-C895A1E0D827.jpeg

5133886E-27EF-486E-8EA4-A527944D4173.jpeg

Edited by Turbinator (see edit history)