New 63 project on the lot

Dundee

Hi all

well finally we got a deal done and the transfer of parts and sorting has begun. Expecting there will be lots of unknown parts that I am sure between all you riv guys I may get to know them. Thanking you in advance! 
Have spoken to Tom at ROA Aus and when he gets back from sunny Queensland we will hook up. 
sold the Mini Moke for a good price so funds ready to get this done by tbe professionals but my son and I just sorting for the and searching for what is missing, starting with inner door and rear trimmings as a big ticket item. 

476ED524-7B19-445A-8356-AFF7AD64ED9A.jpeg

442491F1-D466-4ACF-8797-05D697083FE7.jpeg

0735CAEA-CAEB-4026-B773-D93279D7D7DE.jpeg

• Like 4

Sweet RHD Rivvy!!!

Please email me a picture of the Fisher Body data plate over on your "passenger side" under the hood.

As you figure out what parts you need for it, let us know. We can put together care packages for you.

Thanks guys! Re marlin blue it was a self created colour by last owner and they did a pretty job other than after about 20 years with new paint job there is a few rust marks popping through where the under frame is so given it is an original DD car it is likely I will take it back there. It’s a close to paint ready as I will ever have it..

plate attached Jim. I get the tint, electric seat but the rest of accessories I am unsure. Also I thought it was silver vinyl however someone tells me silver in 63,was only leather??? 

EBDE9528-F2A8-4335-B0FC-B83A104F49EF.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 7:42 PM, Dundee said:

Thanks guys! Re marlin blue it was a self created colour by last owner and they did a pretty job other than after about 20 years with new paint job there is a few rust marks popping through where the under frame is so given it is an original DD car it is likely I will take it back there. It’s a close to paint ready as I will ever have it..

plate attached Jim. I get the tint, electric seat but the rest of accessories I am unsure. Also I thought it was silver vinyl however someone tells me silver in 63,was only leather??? 

OK, plate decode:

Body built 3rd week (C) of March, 1963 (03).  So 03C.

TRIM 726 is Silver Vinyl upholstery, Standard Interior (no long arm rest, no wood veneer on inside door panel, no rear door handle flipper for the back seat passengers); but J2 is power seat, so power seat switch down on the side of the seat.  (TRIM 728 is Silver Leather and Vinyl)

PAINT DD is Silver Cloud.

PAINT SS is Bronze Mist.  That with Silver interior must have looked odd.

ACC D = radio

I6 is tinted glass all around

K4 is Rear Window Defroster (a rare option on an otherwise not very optioned up car)

U8 = Power windows and vents.  Switches on the door panel, not on the short arm rest.

No A/C on the car. 

Do you know the history of the car?

Edited by Jim Cannon (see edit history)

Hi Dundee. Welcome to the world of Buick Rivieras.

Think you find DD is Silver Cloud top and bottom, which would be correct with silver upholstery. The Riviera Owners Association website has good information about colours, options and specifications that anyone can access. If you join you get the Riview magazine plus access to member information.

cheers

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

19 hours ago, Jim Cannon said:

OK, plate decode:

Body built 3rd week (C) of March, 1963 (03).  So 03C.

TRIM 726 is Silver Vinyl upholstery, Standard Interior (no long arm rest, no wood veneer on inside door panel, no rear door handle flipper for the back seat passengers); but J2 is power seat, so power seat switch down on the side of the seat.  (TRIM 728 is Silver Leather and Vinyl)

PAINT SS is Bronze Mist.  That with Silver interior must have looked odd.

ACC D = radio

I6 is tinted glass all around

K4 is Rear Window Defroster (a rare option on an otherwise not very optioned up car)

U8 = Power windows and vents.  Switches on the door panel, not on the short arm rest.

No A/C on the car. 

Do you know the history of the car?

Ta Jim screen shot of that now to know where it sits, think you miss read the DD code though? But all sorted. The door lining was good info as these liners are missing though have the metal trims. Will post a photo of what I am assuming they should look like but need to find a photo or the rear seating corner linings.

thanks

15 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Hi Dundee. Welcome to the world of Buick Rivieras.

Think you find DD is Silver Cloud top and bottom, which would be correct with silver upholstery. The Riviera Owners Association website has good information about colours, options and specifications that anyone can access. If you join you get the Riview magazine plus access to member information.

cheers

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Awaiting contact back from Tom down here Re riv club and yes definitely going to join…

Re the door liners is this the layout?

I need to get shot of rear liners if anyone has such trim..confident I have all the accessories (tbc) just without the skins and backing that somehow were lost by an upholsterer. Possible given they were probably left there for 5- 10 years. Thinking we can make these however if anyone has a lead on purchasing these parts would be happy explore it.

8A620F1F-C776-4619-B84F-CD6FE74595D8.png

21 hours ago, Dundee said:

Ta Jim screen shot of that now to know where it sits, think you miss read the DD code though? But all sorted. The door lining was good info as these liners are missing though have the metal trims. Will post a photo of what I am assuming they should look like but need to find a photo or the rear seating corner linings.

thanks

Yes, somehow I saw paint code SS.  I don't know how.  I edited my reply.