1928 Ford Model A MUSEUM QUALITY Convertible 3.3L 4cyl Manual $29K

I think I read that the first rule of successful selling is to know your product. I see it has an alternator, so it could possibly have a 4 speed conversion but I doubt it. 

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/sparks-1928-ford-model-museum-quality/7509551528.html

We are pleased to offer this elegant 1928 Ford Model A Roadster for your consideration. It is powered by its 3.3L in line-4 motor which is paired with a manual transmission with 4 speeds! The motor fires right up idles smooth and gets this iconic classic Ford going down the road. This vintage automobile is in great condition and has been well maintained and displayed in an auto museum in California for the last 15 years.
The car is finished in what appears to be Valley Green with black fenders.
The car is in excellent condition and as you can see the car was redone top to bottom and the underside is neat and tidy as well. (775) 224-7795

01111_b72JvjEc5NZz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg00H0H_iIIITh9ZNXEz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg00c0c_h9bdzCh1ZAAz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg00t0t_1wzg4dPx1MZz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg00p0p_gxkVm4tQfsNz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg00505_2hxe1ny463Nz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

Suppoert is a common accesory fix for either a leaky tank or concerns around that as original support is welded to the gas tank, accesory unit is bolted to the dash rail.

Agree museum condition is one of those hazy terms.. 

My Model A tank support had a pesky leak too, but that repair is not only unsightly but smacks of laziness, at least in my opinion. When I see things like that, it just makes me wonder if there are any more "short cuts". That car is probably a good driver, and I guess it's just me as I can get a little picky about this kind of stuff, especially when someone advertises a car to be "authentic", original' or, in this case, "museum quality" and it has a bunch of mods or incorrect parts. To me it's deceiving to unsuspecting buyers, especially at premium pricing!

• Like 1

Agree.  Cleaner, if one really wants to change it, to go to the trouble of removing the original support.  Also, I have heard having both connected doesn't remove the stress on the tank but just changes it as the two points might work against each other.

I learned long ago to regard the word “museum” in an ad with the same skepticism as “barn find”.

This is one more example of an imperfect car left to sit for years without being maintained properly, which should include being driven regularly.

50 minutes ago, suchan said:

I learned long ago to regard the word “museum” in an ad with the same skepticism as “barn find”.

This is one more example of an imperfect car left to sit for years without being maintained properly, which should include being driven regularly.

I too take the 'museum' comment as a negative. I would rather have a car that is regularly exercised than one that has sat for 15 years. Not a bad thing, but certainly not something to use as a premium. 

• Like 1