'22 Studebaker...REDUCED (might be a reverse auction) now $7,600 (was $7,700 yesterday)

Seems like we have a "motivated seller"! 

Here's the current ad: 

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/rancho-cordova-l-s-i-a-mechanic-special/7508099301.html

00M0M_jcBfndnINVHz_09G0cU_600x450.jpg1

And the previous post with good info in the comments:

That car needs a good home! It just isn't the right car for me at this time. 

I don't know the man, I don't really know the situation. I got the feeling talking to him that it had been an impulse buy that he soon regretted because he is not mechanically inclined enough to fix it himself. He would have to pay someone to fix it, and we know how that can be these days. The car clearly has not been run in a couple years, exactly how long could be the about a year he was told, or it could have been a bit longer. He has only had it a short while.

My guess based upon a dozen or so similar vintage cars I have worked on that have sat for a few years is that this one should wake up fairly easily. However, there are always "those" unknowns that might turn into something more serious. Studebakers of the 1920s are generally good cars to work on, and they make good nickel era tour cars. This is one of the small models, but still a nice size car.

I just don't really have the time to work on much right now. Otherwise, I would consider it to fix and use for awhile and later trade up for something that fit me better.

The interior is a bit too red, but looks a lot better in person than it does in the photos (I suspect the camera's flash brightened up the red). The rest of the car seems very solid and looks very nice for a couple decades old restoration.

I gave a few more details on the previous thread;

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/381306-1922-studebaker-8300-looks-nice/#comment-2397110

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

I got the feeling talking to him that it had been an impulse buy that he soon regretted because he is not mechanically inclined enough to fix it himself.

Good point, Wayne.

If you're not mechanically inclined, it's difficult to even find somebody willing and able to work on a pre-'30's car, and if you do, the mechanic might have a long waiting list and charge premium prices.

My mechanical skills are pretty much limited to what Jiffy Lube can be trusted to do, so I'm sticking to late '30's cars. They're similar enough to mid-'50's cars that you'll find lots of shops able to do basic work. 

I know he has it listed for sale "locally". The ebay listing is still up, however he has it saying "SOLD". So I would guess he has a buyer lined up? Perhaps waiting for payment before he pulls the listing?

I do not personally know him, but met him when I went to look at the car. Seemed like a good fellow.

5 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

I know he has it listed for sale "locally". The ebay listing is still up, however he has it saying "SOLD". So I would guess he has a buyer lined up? Perhaps waiting for payment before he pulls the listing?

I do not personally know him, but met him when I went to look at the car. Seemed like a good fellow.

Selling something on Craigslist always brings out a few flakes, I can only imagine what you'd get on Facebook....