A Horde of Hudsons

1949 Hudson Coupe - $4,000 (Spokane Valley WA)

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/greenacres-1949-hudson-coupe/7504504544.html

01010_fBXZz54gLTEz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

1949 Hudson Coupe

condition: fair
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 111111
odometer rolled over
paint color: black
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: coupe

Real "Doc Hudson" non running, rust in floor

1954 Hudson Wasp - $1,500 (Spokane Valley)

12345 © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap 1954 Hudson Wasp condition: fair cylinders: 6 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 111111 odometer rolled over paint color: green size: full-size title status: clean transmission: manual type: sedan 4dr, Green, 6cyl engine, not running. Clean title

00Z0Z_fKWApF0XC8az_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

1954 Hudson Wasp

odometer rolled over
paint color: green
type: sedan

4dr, Green, 6cyl engine, not running. Clean title

1946 Hudson Trk - $4,500 (Spokane Valley)

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/greenacres-1946-hudson-trk/7504502145.html

1946 Hudson Truck

odometer rolled over
type: truck

Flat 6, doesn't run. MT, 1/2 ton. Clean title

1935 Hudson - $6,000 (Spokane Valley)

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/greenacres-1935-hudson/7504501515.html

00N0N_dLweeVMUDnXz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

1935 Hudson

odometer rolled over
paint color: blue

Engine runs, has clean title 

1941 Hudson Commodore - $1,800 (Spokane Valley)

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/greenacres-1941-hudson-commodore/7504500580.html

00F0F_hQ0DMiiSZZ5z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

1941 hudson commodore

cylinders: other
odometer rolled over
paint color: grey
transmission: other

4DR. Have title.

• email:  6cc0866d7dc23c679f139041970be716@sale.craigslist.orgcontact name:

Stacey B Rogers

•  

(509) 710-9028

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I was thinking before seeing all the pictures, boy if that's a 41 sedan at that price and you are going for the truck,  I would buy the sedan just for the nose to put on the truck. 

Nose on a 41 is a little different. Cab is the same, it would bolt right up. 41 trucks are good looking. Nice grill and hood trim. The rust on the 49, on the drivers side next to the grill would be of concern. That is not a place where rust first starts to appear. Seller does say floor rust. Looks like it could be a good club coupe. I can tell you from experience, you do not want a rusty step down. No fun to repair those. The 54 Wasp sedan might have come to the end of the road. It better have a lot going for it after cleaning and inspection. 

I was complaining when I paid 16 for mine.  I guess I didn't do terrible.  It does go down the road pretty good.  To go from project to turn key (sort of) for only a $6000 bump isn't too bad.  Of course that was 5 years ago now.  I did brakes , exhaust , tires and rebuilt the carbs, the rest was wet sanding and buffing and some replacement chrome.  (which came from you Xander for the most part)  As well as a little tinkering here and there to make things right,  or atleast better. 

Hudson trucks are getting hard to find at a good buy in price anymore. Mine is stashed away and will most likely sit for quite awhile. I am not going to put time and money in it until something’s change. But at least I have one again. Maybe I will be that old guy that won’t sell it. Because I am going to fix it up some day.😃

5E998473-9AF1-4A9E-AB84-0CE6E11C29DF.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to a listing on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/165575944394?hash=item268d1868ca:g:3oEAAOSwTGpii9F4      If you look at the pictures, it shows rust that Hudson’s can get in the frame rails. The rust in this car is in a very bad place, and would not be safe to drive the car IMO. Hudson had a bright idea of stuffing the rockers and frame rails with some funky woven dish pan scrubber looking thing. My guess is, it was to make for a quieter ride. What it did was collect dirt and water.

Not picking on the car listed in the link. Good for the seller showing the rust. It would be easy to repair once you remove the outer rocker panel. Just structurally it is right where the outer frame rail ties into the cross piece on the front suspension clip. The difficult repairs to do are in the back of the car. I can post pictures of a Hornet club coupe I dove into that was bad. I got lucky and found NOS rear frame pieces from McDonald Motors in Seattle. Before everything was auctioned off.

I was a ready willing buyer for the first car they sold:  the '35 Hudson sedan (w/ '35 Terraplane grille).   Took a few days to verify first that it was an 8 cylinder (ad first said 6, was corrected), then for them to find the 8 cyl engine number (I needed a 1935 engine, not later) and then to get a full view photo of the engine to verify early cyl. head, water pump, etc.   

The family was NOT familiar with dad's cars or any old cars.    Once verified, someone else swooped it up to build a HOT ROD.   Totally impractical to have some rodder tear apart the many pieces I need for restoration from this car 1500 miles away and pay the shipping.

And so I'm still looking for a '35 Hudson 8 parts car to restore a RARE Brougham model that someone hot rodded over 40 years ago.  DANG !

0713181134_HDR.jpg