Di noc material

billbuickgs

I believe Dinoc was used on 1938 Buick dashes and reveal moldings to get the wood grain effect. Since Dinoc is generally unavailable folks with ‘38’s etc. just have a wood grainer do it manually. 

In another forum, a poster recently bought a 10"x25' roll of the engine turned vinyl "decal/wrap" for $25.00 or so.  REM Industries supplies the engine turned material for Classic Industries Chevy Impala moldings, he also noted.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Here are pictures of the dinoc I bought on Ebay and installed on my 55 Special ( Century model 68 clone )

Alot of trimming . It is peel and stick , it is aluminum foil .

Not bad for 4 sq ft of material , total cost shipped in a tube $ 13.45 

Labor cost , my entire 4th of July weekend !!!! wife wasn't happy !

Bill

IMG_5180.JPG.c5647b1528b7334a741ac88e1734190d.JPGIMG_5180.JPG.c5647b1528b7334a741ac88e1734190d.JPGIMG_5177.JPG.96083d5e45bfa73e9761541ee9788009.JPG

• Like 11

13 hours ago, billbuickgs said:

Here are pictures of the dinoc I bought on Ebay and installed on my 55 Special ( Century model 68 clone )

A Broderick Crawford Clone?

All weekend?  You got off light.  Somebody told me 40 years ago that outgoing young lads in the 50's would try and replicate this pattern by putting a 1st grader's pencil, eraser side out, in a drill bit and make the swirls with red rubbing compound.  This stuff is quick in comparison!  And it does look surprisingly good.  I am sure that is on account of your care and accurate cuts.  Was there an Exacto knife involved?

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 9:05 PM, billbuickgs said:

Labor cost , my entire 4th of July weekend !!!! wife wasn't happy !

Bill

Tell her you could have spent the entire weekend in the local bars getting drunk, or been out carousing all night with whomever. There are a lot worse ways to spend one's weekend!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2