For Sale: 1954 Hudson Hornet 4dr Sedan, Twin-H Power - $13,900 - Monroeville, NJ - Not Mine

For Sale: 1954 Hudson Hornet 4dr Sedan, Twin-H Power - $13,900 - Monroeville, NJ

Hudson Hornet Double H - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1954 Hudson Hornet 308 Factory dual carburetors. This is an originally based car, that has been painted at some point, with original interior. Everything works but, wipers and radio. 320 (308) cu. in. factory dual carburetors. engine was rebuilt with new pistons etc. Runs, shifts, and stops very well. Complete service, including transmission. Underside still untouched. If you look it up, Hudson was one of the leading cars that helped pioneer NASCAR in the early 50's. Please check pictures closely and ask questions. It's a solid 20-footer, with some age marks, good driving car that goes over big at car shows. odometer: 56446
Copy and paste in your email: c4f95c0c76a631849c98daad0e461982@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1954 Hudson Hornet 4dr Sedan.

'54 Hudson NJ a.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ b.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ c.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ ca.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ d.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ e.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ f.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ g.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ h.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ i.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ j.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ k.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ l.jpg

'54 Hudson NJ m.jpg

• Like 4

My wife had the twin to that car in the 70's. Her daily driver. She called it " The Tank"

Great car in snow.

It was a dealer demo with power steering , power brakes, but standard shift.

It had a switch that controlled a solenoid that shut of the power steering so they could show the customer the difference.

Never saw another with that set up.

I eventually bought out the dealer parts stock where it was original sold.

Thanks for posting and reviving memories.

• Like 4

A 54 Hudson is called a Hash in the Hudson world. Half Nash, half Hudson. They are the same as all step downs. Redesigned dash, grill and tail lights. The hood ornament covers a open scoop in the hood. Nicer design over the 53 hood ornament. Great cars, some people frown on them. All step downs from 48-54 are the same car. Just engine size, different grills and trim. In 54, Hudson had to switch automatic transmissions. Because of the fire at the GM plant? The shift indicator on the column will tell you what transmission is in the car.

I thought Hudson became "Hash" for only 1955-57: Hudson styling and nameplate on a Nash Airflyte body shell.  With a Hudson six-cylinder added more corned-beef to the mix; with a Packard or AMC V8 more potatoes and onions...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 9:24 AM, Xander Wildeisen said:

Not yet, the Hudson Italia was in the works. 25 manufactured cars that would change the world. There are stories of Italia’s being used as shelves in the back of auto parts stores because they could not sell them.

Shelves!?   Okay, that one I had not heard!  

• Haha 1

That was a story in the WTN magazine. In about 1991? A guy told the story that he found his italia in the back of an auto parts store. They had the car buried in the back and used it like a shelf to store parts on. I think it was in the one that had the X1?? (What ever that number was) on the cover. The four door italia that was found in LA being used as a dog kennel. I remember the story saying they could not sell the italia. No one wanted it.

• Like 1

At $4,800, the Hudson Italia was about $400 more that the 1954 Cadillac Series 62 convertible at $4,404.  Buyers in the luxury end of the market not only sought the quality and prestige of generally recognized standards of those but also cars that would hold a high percentage of the resale value which Cadillac was the gold standard at the time.   Hudson had not been a player in that segment, even a special Pinin Farina sport coupe was unlikely to attract many buyers, especially one that expensive.

• Like 2