Removing the vent window from the frame - 61 Mercury

I've been taking apart the vent window on my doors and I need to remove the glass from the frame, but the 50+ year old glass tape is keeping it from releasing.  Is there an easy way to remove the glass from the frame with out destroying the frame?  I there something that can dissolve or soften the glass tape? The glass will be replaced just wanted it out in one piece.

Since you're not reusing the glass, clamp it in a vise between two blocks of wood. and then, using another smaller block of wood and a hammer, lightly tap at the edges of the frame until you see movement.  Then work your way around the frame being careful not to stress the corners until you have the frame clear of the glass.  I've removed countless frames from door and vent glass this way.  Of course, if you plan to reuse the glass it may damage it.

Heat should do it. I've pulled a number of vent panes, all from Fords. They vents were still attached to the doors on all off them. All it took for me was to get a good grip on the glass with both hands and pull outward. That Arizona heat you have should be perfect.