WTB: 1936 Plymouth front doors

On 6/18/2022 at 9:25 PM, VW4X4 said:

I'm looking for 1936 Plymouth front doors with working window regulators.  Interior panel and/or glass does not matter.  PGH. area a plus...

Try French Lake Auto Parts.

On 6/22/2022 at 8:13 AM, VW4X4 said:

I'm not sure , but i think all front doors are all the same. They are on the Chrysler.

I'm thinking Chrysler and Desoto doors are a little different than Plymouth & Dodge. Have to check a Hollander interchange.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jpage said:

Door widths can vary between 2 and 4 door sedans and coupes.

Anyone have a 36 Plymouth or Dodge that would like to do some measuring? My Chrysler C7's, all of them, have the same width doors. One of these cars is what I need the doors for. I assume I'm never going to find C7 doors so, I'm on the hunt for anything that would fit at this stage of the game.

Chrysler, DeSoto, Dodge and Plymouth all used the same basic doors. The difference is the way the windows were designed and the stainless trim. You just can't put coupe doors on a sedan and vise versa. It's tricky because the coupe doors are the same length, front to back, as the four door sedans. The problem is the frames that the door skins are attached to are different shapes. Too much so to modify.

On 6/25/2022 at 6:18 PM, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Chrysler, DeSoto, Dodge and Plymouth all used the same basic doors. The difference is the way the windows were designed and the stainless trim. You just can't put coupe doors on a sedan and vise versa. It's tricky because the coupe doors are the same length, front to back, as the four door sedans. The problem is the frames that the door skins are attached to are different shapes. Too much so to modify.

Thanks for your insight.    So, If I found a Plymouth 4 dr. sedan door it would work on my Chrysler 4 dr. sedan?

ERIC

To be sure, you're going to need to refer to a Chrysler Motors interchange guide. I know that the '36 Plymouth front fenders are shorter than the Dodge and presumably the other 2 marques; not sure if the bodies are different. Someone on the forum may have an interchange or possibly at the AACA library.

Chrysler, DeSoto, Dodge and Plymouth basic bodies are identical. The Chrysler, DeSoto and Dodge and bodies all have additional holes for attaching stainless trim and more elaborate door window mechanisms. Also, metal roof hole inserts. The models with two-piece windshields have different upper cowls, but that doesn't affect doors. Plymouths have shorter wheelbases, so the front fenders are shorter. Fender differences and similarities are another subject.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)