For Sale: 1950 Chrysler Windsor Highlander 4dr Sedan - $11,500 - Lewisburg, TN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1950 Chrysler Windsor Highlander 4dr Sedan - $11,500 - Lewisburg, TN

50 model chrysler ( highlander windsor) - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Runs and drives great…6-cylinder fluid drive. Paint is in excellent shape, as well as the interior. The only thing on this car that is slightly damaged is the chrome on both bumpers, which is common on 72-year-old cars. Everything is also original on the car. If you want a video of it running just ask. If interested please no calls, only text to:

Copy and paste in your email: e71264725eaf3640980c67a6845e5518@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1950 Chrysler Windsor Highlander 4dr Sedan.

'50 Chrysler highlander TN a.jpg

'50 Chrysler highlander TN b.jpg

'50 Chrysler highlander TN c.jpg

'50 Chrysler highlander TN d.jpg

'50 Chrysler highlander TN e.jpg

'50 Chrysler highlander TN f.jpg

'50 Chrysler highlander TN g.jpg

'50 Chrysler highlander TN h.jpg

'50 Chrysler highlander TN i.jpg

'50 Chrysler highlander TN j.jpg

'50 Chrysler highlander TN k.jpg

'50 Chrysler highlander TN l.jpg

• Like 1

Aye, laddie, 'tis another great Highlander!  The Cambells are coming!   I love these cars -- they are comfortable and bulletproof, they will go forever.   Just needs a little detailing under the hood, and it will make a great entry level collector car for someone.

• Like 3

I guess the seller was too lazy to remove the sticker on the upper radiator hose. Maybe in the seller's mind that sticker adds value to the car. Similarly the rust build it the engine compartment is overwhelming. I wonder if that's an indication of you'll find in the undercarriage....

• Like 1

It looks nice from the outside BUT......

Really need to see the underside of this car.

As noted above the excessive rust on the engine block is concerning

There is rust on every window garnish molding and the windshield one, too. Leads me to think it may have been stored either outside or in a damp garage/building.

Would need to have the trunk mat and carpets removed/pulled up to see what lies beneath.

AND, get the proper battery hold down

2 hours ago, deac said:

Similarly the rust build it the engine compartment is overwhelming.

It's probably just an indication that it was setting for some time unused. I would guess that most if not all of it is just surface rust. 

These are one of the few cars that I would trade for my 30 DeSoto. I'd like to drive one and to see how easily they steer when parking.