1946 Jaguar XJS at Auction - Miedema’s Repocast

I

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

What the hell is an XJS.?

I have no knowledge of what an XJS actually is or even if this car is an XJS. Posted it because I thought a forum member might see this and have interest.  I personally was more interested on feedback regarding the auction company 

12 minutes ago, kar3516 said:

I

I have no knowledge of what an XJS actually is or even if this car is an XJS. Posted it because I thought a forum member might see this and have interest.  I personally was more interested on feedback regarding the auction company 

Let me correct the above; I know what a late model XJS is but I have no knowledge of vintage Jaguars.  Don’t have any idea what the models are for Jaguars of this vintage or if they were making an XJS In that era

7 hours ago, alsancle said:

I was being sarcastic.

It is a jaguar MIV saloon.  I know nothing about the auction company, but if they’re calling that car an XJS, they have literally no idea what they’re doing.

Some of my best business (equipment) deals came from auction companies that had no idea what they were doing...😁

• Like 3

On 5/15/2022 at 11:28 PM, kar3516 said:

Some of my best business (equipment) deals came from auction companies that had no idea what they were doing...😁

Now that is a good point.  If you are interested in the Jag,  find out if it is a 2.5 or a 3.5.    I think you really want the later if you plan on driving it.   If it runs, not a rot box,  it is worth 30-40k.   The RHD hurts in the US.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)

11 hours ago, alsancle said:

Now that is a good point.  If you are interested in the Jag,  find out if it is a 2.5 or a 3.5.    I think you really want the later if you plan on driving it.   If it runs, not a rot box,  it is worth 30-40k.   The RHD hurts in the US.

As far as i can see its a 4 cylinder ( 1600 cc) and then you have the slowest car in the street.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, daniel boeve said:

As far as i can see its a 4 cylinder ( 1600 cc) and then you have the slowest car in the street.

You are right.   It is a 46, with the little engine.   The one you want is the later car with the 3.5 six with twin carbs and twin exhaust.

I have purchased many items from Repocast although no vehicles yet.  The website will show 0 bids until the day of the auction. 

This particular vehicle was sold at an auction in March but it is back up for sale so I would guess that the following clause was executed:

Lot sells subject to Bankruptcy Court approval or rejection of high bid. Refer to Auction Terms for details.

Most of their auctions are no reserve but the bankruptcy and repossessed vehicles  are an exception.  I saw the Jag when I was down picking something else up and it was a very cool looking car.  Kind of underpowered I have heard but might be fun.

• Thanks 1