'23 Chevy Roadster $6,000 and 1915(?) Saxon Roadster $3,500

You wonder why this person bought these...maybe they just couldn't pass up "a deal"? 

It looks like someone has rigged up something to oil the rockers on the Chevy. that would be a good idea, as long as they didn't park in my driveway! 

https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/d/buellton-1923-chevrolet-superior/7463556712.html

(805) 331-2184

This is a very original car in almost time warp condition we have not tried to start it so running condition is unknown bought from an estate and seller could not find the paperwork so for sale with bill of sale or can provide title at buyers expense .
Also have a 1915/16 Saxon Roadster in similar condition for $3500 {pics included}
Had to take these two cars in a package but not my cup of tea so priced very realistically
might take a trade for something of similar value ...
will make a package deal for both
Steve

100202_4g8CH56dVWHz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg01313_8kG9UZaYOWtz_0oo0ww_600x450.jpg00E0E_50SdRqLNwQkz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg00Q0Q_kzUxRS0t8MWz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg00D0D_6DcWZFJjzr7z_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg01717_3eX2l81AMTRz_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg00p0p_i3bMXDNBzMgz_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg00b0b_4PQyN396Oa6z_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

'Had to take these 2 cars but not my cup of tea', yes one would wonder why they would buy them in the first place. Unless it was at an auction and he was the only car guy there and got the pair for a $500 bid!  Gonna play my broken record again, but these look like they could be fun to mess around with, IF they werent so far away and I had either A. a bigger shop or 2. nothing else going on right now.

49 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

It looks like someone has rigged up something to oil the rockers on the Chevy. that would be a good idea, as long as they didn't park in my driveway! 

If you are looking at the round tank up high? That is the stock original vacuum fuel pump. That tank has very fancy embossed cursive script of makers name on the front face. I forget what the name was. 

Then the blue hand oiler is for the valves and other things.

Pretty sure this age of Chevy had a thick felt blanket laying on top of valve rockers that you had to keep well oiled, (they never had a valve cover.)

31 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

one would wonder why they would buy them in the first place.

likely he is a flipper just making a few bucks (without getting greedy), I used to do that to pay for my hobby costs.

5 hours ago, F&J said:
6 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

If you are looking at the round tank up high? That is the stock original vacuum fuel pump. That tank has very fancy embossed cursive script of makers name on the front face. I forget what the name was. 

Then the blue hand oiler is for the valves and other things.

Pretty sure this age of Chevy had a thick felt blanket laying on top of valve rockers that you had to keep well oiled, (they never had a valve cover.)

I look after an unrestored '25 Chevy that belongs to the city where I live. It has the felt arrangement (replaced by foam) and 2 valve covers. I think you are right that the earlier cars (like the 490) didn't have a valve cover. Amazing when you think about all the dirt roads when they were new. Must have been quite a mess!  I thought it looked like there were some lines going to the rocker area in one picture but you can't really see it.