Radiator flush

tenugent

Have flushed my cooling system.Removed thermostat and bypassed heatercore at the water pump.After doing this 3 times ,measured drainage after blowing out with shop vac and all I get is a little over 3 gallons.Manual calls for 18 quarts.What am i missing?

Yes  i have seen that over the years---ignore it ---it must  be  incorrect,--and i  only  get just over  two and a half gallons  in my 64 Electra.

and that is  same  as you---  bypass my heater  core  as well,----dont require heater where i live, and my car never over heats.

2 minutes ago, tenugent said:

I'd like to do that if I knew where it was?Can't find a block diagram to show the low points of the water passages.

I think the low points are at the bottom of the water jacket where those drain plugs are located.

Could be Ed,I had both plugs out before jacking back of car up to get the engine leaning forward and didn't get anything out of holes through the whole jacking prosess.Hoping all the total system holds is the 4 gallon I've removed.Thanks Tim

Tom stuck the screwdriver in holes,passenger side seems blocked it only went in about 5/16.When I took that side off no fluid came out (no rust on either).The drivers side is about 7/8 deep,fluid came out of it,about 20oz.Its a 425 with a build date 12-d-62.Thanks.Motor was rebuilt about 4000 miles ago.

33 minutes ago, tenugent said:

Tom stuck the screwdriver in holes,passenger side seems blocked it only went in about 5/16.When I took that side off no fluid came out (no rust on either).The drivers side is about 7/8 deep,fluid came out of it,about 20oz.Its a 425 with a build date 12-d-62.Thanks.Motor was rebuilt about 4000 miles ago.The passenger side hole has something metal blocking hole,not rusty.

Hit it harder has Mucho rust build-up. Your not going to hurt anything as you'll be hitting cast iron & UNLESS you poke it really, really hard nothing bad will happen.

Obviously the block wasn't cleaned to well during the rebuild process.

Makes one wonder.

Tom T.