JohnD1956 Your looking good in the Bugle.

Dandy Dave

Just got my latest Buick Bugle. Say JohnD1956 your looking good. I told you if you got that car from Dan C. you would not be disappointed. Now your famous just like me. 😃 Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Dandy Dave changed the title to JohnD1956 Your looking good in the Bugle.

Yes John. I thoroughly enjoyed your adventure story. It seems that you took the same route home as we did from Oregon. Ours from the 2014 Nationals.

Your Buick is a bit tighter fit in the Chandelier Tree than our KIA though.

DSCF3368.JPG.11ddbe7d81b89cff0cf5eb76113561b0.JPG

Joan and I looked down on the Golden Gate Bridge instead of up.

DSCF3377.JPG.3ef0ae403f257fc1ce027143515099fa.JPG

Thank you for your account.

Larry

Edited by dibarlaw (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Larry.  Thanks to Pete P for putting that story in there. 

Regarding the Golden gate bridge, I tried to look down on it, but couldn't see it through the thick fog. 😄

Note to others, although a trip on US 101 is great any time, it appears July and August is not a prime time to be there for photos. Still we saw much and loved every minute of the drive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes John:

We drove from Portland down to California along 101 and it was pea-soup fog all the way. Could not tell that there was an ocean out to our right! Then late in the afternoon we rounded a bend, and we could now see the coast. On our way out I would stop and take photos of the scenery. When checking the photos, I was disappointed as they were not representing the magnificent view my eyes were seeing.

DSCF3331.JPG.6f77d037f3216445745ef5837aabd99e.JPG

DSCF3341.JPG.a1318473f9cbde9fe685d15407ea983f.JPG

We did stay at a motel outside of Sacramento where there was a stop-over for the Model T Ford club's tour. Great morning with these hobby people.

DSCF3361.JPG.c9a1806772cb49f0832350d496e2f76d.JPG

• Like 3

Those photos look pretty good to me @dibarlaw. We might have been a day behind you as we stayed that Sunday night mistakenly believing the traffic would be lighter on the following Monday.  I was hoping for some nice sunsets along the coast but no such luck. Probably have to be there in April or early May for that. 

• Like 1

Just read your Bugle article. Nice job. I love reading about serious road trips in collector cars. 

My dad had a similar car, a 1973 LeSabre that I eventually bought from him and used for a couple of years.

• Like 2