SOLD-1963 1964 1965 Riviera Electro-Cruise Components

Riviera63

For sale are 4 of the main components of the Electro-Cruise cruise control set up for the 1963, 1964 and 1965 Buick Riviera. These are original pieces that are in very good condition. These components were removed from a driving, functional 1964 Riviera. These are not pieces that have been taken from a car that has been sitting 30 years or more in a junkyard. It was reported to me by the previous owner that these were functioning, working components when removed from his car. They include the power unit, engagement switch, engagement switch bezel, engagement switch light (tested-working), engagement switch knob, the brake release switch and the relay assembly. These components should also work in the 1963 and 1965 Riviera but, there may be some cosmetic differences between years. You would be hard pressed to find all of theses components in this condition together in one package. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Bill

IMG_8468.JPG

IMG_8469.JPG

IMG_8470.JPG

IMG_8471.JPG

IMG_8472.JPG

IMG_8473.JPG

IMG_8474.JPG

IMG_8475.JPG

IMG_8476.JPG

Edited by Riviera63 (see edit history)

I have a gauge cluster for a cruise car that I'm more than willing to sell if someone is trying to gather the parts for this.

Edit: I should make it clear I have the carrier panel for a cruise car, not any of the gauge guts before it looks like I have the missing speedo head.  I'll dig it out of the shed today and get a picture up.

Thanks

Edited by CTX-SLPR
Clarification (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• Riviera63 changed the title to SOLD-1963 1964 1965 Riviera Electro-Cruise Components

Sorry for not getting pictures up, my Suburban sprung a massive fuel leak last weekend and I've been fighting it as I had to disassemble a lot of things to get to the busted regulator and "while I'm in there" bit hard and has not stopped biting as the distributor body cracked...

On 2/18/2022 at 6:54 PM, CTX-SLPR said:

I have a gauge cluster for a cruise car that I'm more than willing to sell if someone is trying to gather the parts for this.

Edit: I should make it clear I have the carrier panel for a cruise car, not any of the gauge guts before it looks like I have the missing speedo head.  I'll dig it out of the shed today and get a picture up.

Thanks

I might be interested in the speedo. PM me with specifics?  I bought a somewhat “crispy” cruise speedo unit out of Canada for $40, which is headed my way now.  I’m wondering if the cruise specific portion of it is a bolt on to the back of a regular speedo, or is it an entirely different animal.  I’m assuming that the speed minder pointer gets repurposed to become the cruise set speed control.

Also would be interested in reading how to modify my brake pedal arm to fit the cancel switch.  Evidently needs to have a hole drilled in a specific spot.

Thanks,

Deano

Edited by Deanoko
Added an inquiry. (see edit history)

I have the old speedminder speedo head from my '64 I could include but mainly I have the dash carrier panel with the cutout above the speedo for the switch.  Bought it out of Wheatbelt a decade ago looking for another carrier to modify to put my Autometer gauges in and ended up just gutting my original.

Will try to get a set of pictures today.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Those photos are very helpful, both for the cutout shape and for noting the fastener positions holding the whole piece to the dash.  Thanks!  I'm going to try to correctly modify my part to accept the cruise switch, but if that doesn't work out I may reach out to you.