What brand is this logo on hubcap

cjadamsohio

49 minutes ago, sagefinds said:

Forty some years ago I was at a junkyard just East of town here and they had a '58 GMC pickup,big back window,original Olds engine and Hydramatic. The guy said he would sell it to me cheap and I laughed at him. Where is a Time Machine when you really need one?

Didn't GMC use a Pontiac V8?

Yes it is a hydromatic emblem, but drive train is 350 crate engine, holly fuel injection  system, 700R4 tranny out of 89 Camaro, 81 Camaro rear end. All rebuilt.  Whoever  built it did a good job. Cant wait til nicer weather to drive it. It will be driven, not garage piece. Thanks for all your help in identifying  hubcap. Was driving us crazy trying to figure it out. 

I think the late 50s V8 GMC light trucks used Pontiac 347s.

CJ, once you'd had your head snapped back by a 4-speed HydraMatic you'd throw rocks at a 700!😺

Me dad had a 54 GMC with HydraMatic. He drove it into a concrete bridge abutment hard enough to break the engine loose and trap his foot between engine and seat, which was all that kept him from falling 30' to the river below. Two things ceased that night- the two-year-old GMC and his drinking habit.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

I think the late 50s V8 GMC light trucks used Pontiac 347s.

CJ, once you'd had your head snapped back by a 4-speed HydraMatic you'd throw rocks at a 700!😺

Me dad had a 54 GMC with HydraMatic. He drove it into a concrete bridge abutment hard enough to break the engine loose and trap his foot between engine and seat, which was all that kept him from falling 30' to the river below. Two things ceased that night- the two-year-old GMC and his drinking habit.

One morning fifty years ago the 13th of this month I woke up in jail,couldn't remember anything,my 69 SS396 El Camino was pretty mashed up but savable,lost license,fine,high risk insurance,etc. I was so thankful I hadn't hurt or killed anybody that my drinking ceased that day and I had gotten out of the Navy with a pretty good drinking habit.