Studebaker Big Six Speedsters?

pkhammer

I know a guy that has a 1919 Studebaker Big Six (or what's left of it) sitting in a warehouse. Every time I see it I think to myself what a great speedster project it's make. The cowl and what's left of the body is aluminum and the wheels are solid disc.

Are there any speedsters out there made from the Big Sixes?

For the 5500 I am not sure it is in the right price frame unless you are a serious Studebaker fan.  The disc wheels are nicer than woods, which is a plus.  It would be a good project restored but looks like a bunch of heavy work would need to be done.  It's a good thing this one is for the east coast bunch to fight over. 🙂

Attached are pictures of my 1922 Big Six speedster project.  It was a fun, low cost build. I started with a junk car beyond restoration.  It was a touring car once that had the entire top removed and the body cut off behind the front seat and a pick up bed installed.  It sat  inside for 40 years.  All I knew when I bought it was the crank turned.  I channeled the cowl 3" and sectioned it 8". This allowed the body to set inside the frame. The body from the cowl back  I made for a cost of $500.   I tinkered on it  for 5 years spending a average of $ 4.32 cents a day.  This was my second speedster.  I am now working on a 1922 Hudson fairgrounds racer using a 1949 Hudson straight 8. I would encourage anyone to use their hands and mind to create a speedster.  Life is Good ,  Think Spring/Hershey

IMG_1053 (1).JPG

IMG_1159 (1).JPG

indy_show.jpg

• Like 3

I have a 22 or 23 big six  chassis and drive train that would make an excellent speedster. I bought it for parts for my 21 but i hate to start taking it apart as it could be made into a speedster which would be terribly fun. It needs wheels and a body but its got radiator and engine/trans and axles. wheels are welded on truck wheels.