Jaguar Windshield?

pkhammer

I have what I believe is a windshield from a mid-fifties Jaguar. If anyone can identify the year and model that would be great. Also if any idea of value. It appears complete with glass and no damage other than peeling chrome.

102_8213.JPG

102_8214.JPG

102_8216.JPG

Could be Jag (1955 pictured below), it could also be an aftermarket hot-rodder's piece. Not being familiar too with 1950's Jaguars, but that asymmetrical placement of the center strip seems to be less O.E.M. and more like something a 1940's So. Cal roadster builder might have created to allow the passenger side to be removed (if possible?)  to improve a deuce's aerodynamics (along with a cockpit tonneau) when making  a run at the El Mirage... 

https://www.pewsplace.com/fridays-duvall-windshields/

cd2_22_0.jpg

022.jpg

On 1/17/2022 at 9:50 AM, alsancle said:

It looks like XK140.

From a google search

https://www.scparts.co.uk/sc_en/british-cars/jaguar/jaguar-xk120-xk140-and-xk150-1949-1961/glass-and-glazing/windscreen-xk140-ots.html

Has a very unusual construction.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

19 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Does the glass have 'Triplex' etched in one of the corners? 

Craig

All I see on the glass is "Shat-R-Proof Panel" and a "56". 

There are "hooks" near the top outer edge that are identical to Jaguar XK140 upon close inspection so I am feeling confident that is what I have here. Those exact clips would not be present on anything else I don't believe.

• 2 weeks later...