Looking for upper door panel stainless trim, '63 Riv / driver's side

JanZverina

Hi folks,

I'm in need of a very nice to excellent stainless trim piece (identified in the attached pix) due to some careless dings made prior to my stewardship (honestly!) It may be a 1963-65 Riv item - someone may know for sure. I'm getting ready to remove the outer door skins to take care of some rattles in the window channel areas. I have a full rubber kit from Rubber The Right Way that's been taking up space for too long, so it's time to tackle this job. Any leads appreciated!

IMG_2022011384_JZ.jpg

2 hours ago, JanZverina said:

Hi folks,

I'm in need of a very nice to excellent stainless trim piece (identified in the attached pix) due to some careless dings made prior to my stewardship (honestly!) It may be a 1963-65 Riv item - someone may know for sure. I'm getting ready to remove the outer door skins to take care of some rattles in the window channel areas. I have a full rubber kit from Rubber The Right Way that's been taking up space for too long, so it's time to tackle this job. Any leads appreciated!

IMG_2022011384_JZ.jpg

That piece is part of the window the window fuzzy. You either have to buy a new window fuzzy or as EmTee said fix yours as it is stainless. If it has dings that would be hard. Tom is correct. Repops is the only place you can get the correct door fuzzy for our cars. I went around and around with them to get them to produce the correct straight chrome piece. You would be better off contacting them directly as there are still incorrect fuzzies being sold and circulated. I can give you the contact info.

Bill

9 hours ago, JanZverina said:

Thanks Tom and Bill, any contact info is much appreciated. If I understand correctly, is the stainless trim and fuzzy sold as a single assembly? I'll also be sure to mention the straight vs. curved piece.

2 hours ago, powerage said:

I too would appreciate a link or a part number. Currently battling with a kit of fuzzies from another supplier. A nightmare is an understatement

There are 3 problems with the door fuzzies being sold now. 1.) They have the bend and not straight as original. 2.) they have a rubber V strip instead of the "fuzzy" felt as original. 3.) The attaching portion of the strip is not trimmed on the end that goes under the vent window as original so that it fits flush

Here is a link to a thread on the Forum where I discuss this in more detail with pictures to show what the incorrect strips look like, what the originals look like and what the replacement looks like.

I dealt with Mark Cotter at Repops. I hope he is still there. I know he has helped others since I alerted Repops to the problem. His contact is: markc@repops.com  Good luck.

Bill