For Sale: 1930 Cadillac v16 452 Imperial Sedan by Fleetwood

vintagerodshop

For Sale is my 1930 Cadillac V16

Shipped new to San Fransisco on November 8 1930

Restored in about 1990 by well know and respected  Marc Ohm.

Previously owned by well know collector of fine automobiles Bob Bahre.

other previous owners include, Fred Weber, Peter Schlacter, Al Johnson.

Beautifully restored and maintained.

Burgandy with Black fenders and accents.

Drivers compartment trimmed in black leather

Passenger compartment trimmed in grey wool broadcloth.

Roll up divider window

Documented in Christopher Cummings book, More Cadillac V-16's Lost and Found

Additional pictures upon request.

Was 240,000.00 USD, Now asking $220,000 USD OBO

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4853.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

Edited by vintagerodshop (see edit history)
  • Like 7

Wow and then some. Beautiful car.  The blind rear quarters would make the rear compartment so isolated, as I'm sure was intended.  Also, the seat adjustment for the rear cushion is not a common thing.  I've seen it in Pierce Arrow sedans, but seldom elsewhere. I'm sure its common in other cars too, just not ones I'm familiar with.  The adjustable rear seats are connected to the backrest, so moving it one way or the other means backrests move too.  Fabulous car, another one which makes me wish I'd bought Microsoft stock early on.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

• vintagerodshop changed the title to For Sale: 1930 Cadillac v16 452 Imperial Sedan by Fleetwood
  • 9 months later...

Just brousing and noticed this Caddy that interested me. I tell my wife all the time that I'd like to sell a bunch of my old normal type antique cars and buy just one very nice CCCA car????? 

Wait, it looks like I may have to sell all of my cars, plus my house and the cash money I have hidden from my wife in a jar in the back yard. Darn!

Wayne

On 1/4/2022 at 6:32 PM, trimacar said:

The adjustable rear seats are connected to the backrest, so moving it one way or the other means backrests move too.  

I wonder if the seat moves forward, and the backrest pivots, which would adjust the angle of the seat back? The armrest obviously does not move forward, and the marks on the side panel looks like the seat only moves forward about 6 inches.

1 hour ago, West Peterson said:

I wonder if the seat moves forward, and the backrest pivots, which would adjust the angle of the seat back? The armrest obviously does not move forward, and the marks on the side panel looks like the seat only moves forward about 6 inches.

Yes,that’s how the Pierce sedan was done.  The backrests were hinged at the top, connected at bottom behind cushion with a 2 inch crosswise bar (down from bottom of backrest) into a crosswise metal piece with slot (from back of cushion) on each side, so moving cushion forward changes backrest angle as you state.

Note that armrest, while stationary, is designed to allow side of backrest to move forward up to a point.

• 1 year later...