'28 Chrysler 72 in Oregon $16,900 Not Mine

A car with very similar mechanical specification (but a Roadster) finished 3rd at Le Mans in 1928!

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/d/redmond-1928-chrysler-model-72-restored/7411504370.html

00e0e_gx8FdQedzIHz_0Mo12w_600x450.jpg01616_6pH893TVIWsz_0Mo12w_600x450.jpg00a0a_8mgIFyzzxzlz_0Mo12w_600x450.jpg

Edited by Leif in Calif (see edit history)

Here is the text of the ad--and the all-important 

contact information--for later reference:

"This model was a step up from their standard base model Chrysler, offering a longer wheelbase, larger 6cyl. motor, larger headlamps, and more luxurious seating room in back similar to formal sedans. It has been correctly restored, and is ready for competitive shows. May or may not be a 95+% point winner in a concourse circuit. The excellent two-tone paint was a Chrysler attention getter. The correct wood spoke wheels are amazing. They are painted too. It has a luxury vinyl top; beautifully engraved Chrysler dash. Small details inside (switches, grab ropes accessories) are preserved. Down to the bias ply tires, nuts/bolts/wood-spoke wheels/alum. caps/6 volt system, this vehicle will entertain. I have a clean Oregon title in hand. It has been stored for 8 years, so it needs a refreshing of the brakes, fuel, miscellaneous, to put on the road again if one desires to drive and experience it more. It should not disappoint with a little care. $16,900 - you would be hard pressed beating this price if you had to go out and restore one of the same quality. Call John to apply to see, 541-923-7386."

18 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

Well, that's quite interesting. Seems like a very nice car for reasonable money, but I guess this shows the lack of interest in 20's sedans.

That, and the questionable cosmetic choices. If all it needs is a re-commissioning it might be a good deal, but buying a car, especially a sedan, that hasn't run in 8 years is a 50% discount in my book.

• Haha 1