NEW - "Buick - Buy/Sell - Not Mine" subforum

MrEarl

• MrEarl pinned this topic

Just sayin but what makes you think we need to fix something that is already working well ?  It's rampant enough in our car hobbies with folks taking things apart yet never seeming to getting things  back together again right  ... me included 😘

Edit: Ouch and now we have to wade knee deep through a mire of other makes n models to find a Buick for sale - Not Mine ad ... gee that's one of the main reason I went straight to the Buick Buy/Sell section.  - It was always all right there.  

Edited by buick man (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MrEarl said:

You mean this list? So you think a drop down is needed under  Buick - Buy/Sell ?

Yes, that list.  I see no indication that a "Buick Buy-Sell Not Mine"

category exists, and if there isn't such a heading, how would 

anyone know to look there or list cars there?

If such a new category is really needed, and I suggest it's NOT,

don't make it a sub-sub-category under Buick Buy-Sell.

I suggest, keep it as its own subcategory next to Buick Buy-Sell.

• Thanks 1

While I personally enjoy browsing the Not Mine ads and fully appreciate the time and effort devoted by 2-3 users to not only post them but to even update their status, I also think members/users posts deserve priority and to be in the forefront. Additionally, our members/users posts were getting lost in the abundance of Not Mine posts and bumped down and off the first page sometimes within a couple of days due to the abundance of Not Mine ads. Again, guys who post Not Mine ads, please don't get me wrong, your time, effort and dedication to doing it IS APPRECIATED 

4 hours ago, buick man said:

Ouch and now we have to wade knee deep through a mire of other makes n models to find a Buick for sale - Not Mine ad ... gee that's one of the main reason I went straight to the Buick Buy/Sell section.  - It was always all right there.  

Thanks for your input David but not following you re: "have to wade knee deep through a mire of other makes n models to find a Buick for sale - Not Mine ad"   No,  Buicks - Not Mine ads aren't in a mire of other makes and models, they're still right here, just one click away. I'm trying to understand your opposition, what am I missing.

2 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

So we need to go back to the AACA Not Mine section ?  Just no more posting Not Mine cars in the Buick Buy Sell

Why Jake? As I mentioned above,  I and I'm sure others appreciate your taking the time to search for and post ads here. Are you saying you're not going to post them here anymore simply because you have to click on the subforum here to do it? There's really not much difference in the way the Buick forums "Not Mine subforum" is set up vs the way the AACA is. Granted in the AACA you can click directly onto the Not Mine category from the main list and go there but if you want to view members/users items posts you have to back back out of there and click again to see the members/users posts.  

I'm trying to understand y'all's opposition here and handle it as fairly and diplomatically possible. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding you.  I acted on a couple of PM's asking me to look into the matter for the reasons I mentioned above and to ask Peter to set ours up similar to AACA so I did. 

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

1 minute ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

So, how does a user get to this new category?

If you are in the Buick - buy sale forum, which is where I would think you would be if you’re looking for a Buick to buy, just go to the top of that page and you will see Buick - not mine. 
by the way John, I wasn’t ignoring you on your previous post, apparently we were typing at the same time. 

• Like 1

MrEarl, is it possible to add the link to the Main Heading the same way the AACA is?

Just my opinion based on my own browsing habits, but I tend to look at the "Not Mine" listings more than the member listings, probably because there is so much more activity in the Not Mine forum.  If anything, I would think that having them together (like the Buick buy sell forum was) generates more views for member listings, not less. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

O.K. ... So I see how it works now with the sub link at the top of the actual Buick Buy/Sell page.  I did not find that Link last night and instead went to the AACA forum table and found that Not Mine link which included every make and model.  True, having the Buick Buy/Sell Parts and the Buick-Not Mine postings all on one page co-mingled as it were, was most convenient. However,  now understanding that those listing for selling or wanting to buy parts should not be overwhelmed by NoT Mine listings and pushed down the preferences of pages created created a struggle. So in retrospect I believe  Lamar was right in creating an easy sub listing link at the top of the Buy/Sell page if someone wants to just be intertained while still giving  the sellers and want to buy folks their due quality of time for page space. 

6 hours ago, buick man said:

O.K. ... So I see how it works now with the sub link at the top of the actual Buick Buy/Sell page.  

I didn't see the sub-link until you mentioned it.

Even then, I had to look carefully for it, and didn't

see it right away.  There is so much text on a

full screen that that sub-link isn't obvious.

Can the link be put on the Home Page, next to the

regular Buick Buy-Sell category?  The new link should

follow the same pattern--be in the same location--

as other links in the AACA Forum.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I didn't see the sub-link until you mentioned it.

Even then, I had to look carefully for it, and didn't

see it right away.  There is so much text on a

full screen that that sub-link isn't obvious.

Can the link be put on the Home Page, next to the

regular Buick Buy-Sell category?  The new link should

follow the same pattern--be in the same location--

as other links in the AACA Forum.

So noted and forwarded up the ladder for consideration.

• Thanks 1