What is this

junkyardjeff

Might be part of TruTrack braking system. It was an early attempt at ABS and modulated pressure to the rear brakes in hard stops. I'm not that familiar with its components though. Guess I need to dig out me 70s service books.

Toronados could have the option starting 1971 so stands to reason Eldorado would also get it.

Another possibility is rear disc brakes. I found a 70s Eldorado in a yard once and considered grabbing its rear disc setup for my 69 Toronado. The Olds Charlotte Zone Service manager quickly talked me out of it. Apparently a very troublesome system...

Isn't that the thing the guy with the red Centurion in Buickland was asking about a disconnected underhood plug?

I don't think Olds shorted out cylinders to maintain traction; TT was simply a rear brake modulation system. Gotta dig out the books and find out what TT does. None of my stuff ever had it so I've never delved into it very far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocketraider said:

Isn't that the thing the guy with the red Centurion in Buickland was asking about a disconnected underhood plug?

I don't think Olds shorted out cylinders to maintain traction; TT was simply a rear brake modulation system. Gotta dig out the books and find out what TT does. None of my stuff ever had it so I've never delved into it very far.

Correct, Glenn. The Olds system modulated rear brake line pressure, which is exactly what that second booster and M/C does. ABS today uses a motor and pump instead, so the package is a lot smaller.

• Thanks 1