62 4 bbl carburetor needed for a Skylark

Smartin

There's an ad in the Buick Club of America Magazine, the Buick Bugle, from a retiring carburetor rebuilder who is selling his inventory.  I bought a rebuilt carburetor for my 1962 Skylark from him.  He was easy to deal with and I found the price reasonable.  PM me if you don't have access to the Buick Bugle and I'll forward you his contact information.

23 hours ago, Skylark4367 said:

There's an ad in the Buick Club of America Magazine, the Buick Bugle, from a retiring carburetor rebuilder who is selling his inventory.  I bought a rebuilt carburetor for my 1962 Skylark from him.  He was easy to deal with and I found the price reasonable.  PM me if you don't have access to the Buick Bugle and I'll forward you his contact information.

Yeah, I bought one from him too.  It was supposed to be rebuilt, but wound up being a core as it had to be taken apart and redone.  It wound up being the most expensive core I ever bought. @Smartin

6 hours ago, lancemb said:

Yeah, I bought one from him too.  It was supposed to be rebuilt, but wound up being a core as it had to be taken apart and redone.  It wound up being the most expensive core I ever bought. @Smartin

Whew! Almost bought one from the add. Glad I ended up having mine rebuilt locally! 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 7:43 AM, Smartin said:

Looking for a factory carb for a 62 Skylark with the 215 4bbl.  The one on my client's car is the wrong year and fuel inlet housing hits the air cleaner.

Hi Adam,

I`m assuming the correct carb is a Carter AFB? If so, do you know what the carter number is?

Tom

It currently has a Rochester, which could be correct…but the one on the car has a slightly different fuel inlet that makes the air cleaner sit on top of it.  I suppose an AFB would be fine as long as it was the correct number.  I’ll have to look in the chassis manual for that.