Lowest Mileage TC out there--only 2,000 miles?

mensanguy

You can BE SURE that a 30 year old car with only 2,000 miles showing is going to have more deterioration of the fuel system, the cooling system and untold other systems like the ABS brakes than my 293,000 mile TC.  Well, I don't have the Teves ABS, so maybe mine doesn't qualify as a decent comparison?

• Like 1

I saw it listed yesterday.  It is definitely one to inspect closely before buying.  Looks new in the pics but I agree with Hemi... lots of things will need attention as soon as someone starts driving it.  If it wasn't 2000 miles away I would check it out.  I'd guess another few thousand to baseline it and it would still be cheaper than most new cars but finding parts for a new car is easy 😁

• Haha 1

Some items on it don't seem consistent with just 2000 miles. Dash insert leather loose and defroster vent plastic warping as well as what appears to be clearcoat wear on a wheel pic. Could have been stored outside in direct sunlight for a couple of years but just has the look of a 20,000 mile car, still really low mileage and a great looking TC.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, cowancom said:

If you get to Tokyo and go to the Toyota museum...next to the Cadillac Alante and the Buick Reatta you will see a 1990 triple black 16 valve TC with 48 miles on the clock. I helped a friend with Toyota at that time find and purchase that car from Kansas City Chrysler Plymouth.

I am sure that this TC in the Toyota museum has been meticulously prepared for the museum, minus any flammable liquids, to be able to be on display for decades to come. It will still be ‘looking’ good at the end of time.

Meanwhile the TCs with many miles showing will have given years of pleasurable driving to their owners.

That is why we own our TC, for the pleasure of driving it.

• Like 1