For Sale: 1952 Chevrolet Deluxe Wagon - "Classic "Tin Woody" in great shape" - Nevada City, NV - Not Mine

For sale on Craigslist: 1952 Chevrolet Styleline Deluxe 4-door Station Wagon in Nevada City, NV  -  $20,000  -  No phone # provided. Reply to Seller through Craigslist's email to:  04079edb19e23188b90e03b00aff13f9@sale.craigslist.org

Link: https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/d/nevada-city-1952-chevrolet-tin-woody/7381392205.html

Seller's Description:

1952 Chevrolet Styleline Deluxe 4-door Station Wagon

• condition: good
  • VIN: 2KKF45101
  • odometer: 33,000
  • odometer broken
  • cylinders: 6 cylinders
  • transmission: manual
  • paint color: green
  • title status: clean

Classic "Tin Woody" in great shape. I bought this car to use as a "branding" tool at my dude ranch and then art gallery in Wyoming in the mid 90's. I had a new straight 6 engine installed, new upholstery and new wood for the interior and new paint job. I am not a car guy, but it was awesome for my guests to see when they drove up to my ranch. Yes, I did drive it a little, but probably no more than 5000 miles in all the years I owned it. It has been stored indoors most of its life except the 3 months every summer for nine years it was at my dude ranch. I bought it from a family friend who was a well-known auto collector in Nevada. He bought it from a girls school in Arizona. runs great, looks awesome!

image.png.9612122e1453b01096f46015e64346c9.png

image.png.923e62c1512e6c2e92b95b2b59d6251a.png

image.png.40ac7c34831bdf7bbe39992389315314.png

image.png.817871721d54b2fad8d143f8a34ae68b.png

image.png.8e86fbf249548b6a3cb4e414118dbd1b.png

image.png.5f2bfc470a02ae152f68816f46ad2c8e.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1952 Chevrolet Deluxe Wagon - "Classic "Tin Woody" in great shape" - Nevada City, NV - Not Mine

Spent a lot of time in one of those as a kid. The car my mother learned to drive in.

Someone has added some extra lights on the back and I don't blame them. One small tail light is not enough. We got pulled over because our one light was out and when that happens you've got nothing. 

Sure brings back a lot of memories. 

One difference I've noticed is I think ours was only two seats and the second one wasn't shorter. I remember when we got it there was a hole in the back of the front seat and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what made it. Doesn't take much to entertain some people. 

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do like the look of the car, year/trim discrepancies aside. In fairness to the owner, it sounds like his main interest in the car was as a promotional vehicle for his businesses, so I can understand not focusing on trim.

Did the tin woody Chevies of this era have simulated wood grain on the faux exterior panels? I can't remember. If so, that effect is probably difficult to recreate well. The price on the car? I have no idea.

I like the '49 to '52 Chevrolet cars. Had a few of them over my years and would kind-of like to get another (prefer a '52 for sentimental reasons).

I can't say I really know a lot about the 'tin woodies', however. I did talk with a fellow some years back that had a couple, and he said that the tin woodies were a bit confusing because Chevrolet tended to mix up the trim a bit on some of them. I don't know if that is really true or whether he was just trying to excuse one of his cars that wasn't quite right?

The rock shield on the rear fender looks like the '49/'50 version to me. That could be a tin woodies difference?

By the way, the engine appears to be a 1955 or later 235. Seller did mention it has a "new straight six engine installed". The 235 is a more rugged faster engine. It is also about one inch longer than the 216 if I recall correctly. I know my dad made that change on his early '50s Chevy pickup a very long time ago. He was driving the old pickup hard and wanted the improved engine, but it was a pain making it fit well.

• Like 1