BEST $10.00 deal at Hershey 2021

1937hd45

Just posting this so you can keep an eye out for those neat cheap things that turn up at the bottom corner of a box of Hershey junk. Some say the hobby has become expensive, but there are $10.00 gems still to be found. Looking forward to your photos and stories. Feel free to warm up with finds of the past. 

Bob 

Bob, cannot resist being the first to post as we are selling raffle tickets on the Jeep at the "Library Tent" on the Chocolate Field for $10!  Odds are great, don't want the Jeep?  Take the cash!  Money is going to be used to pay down the remaining debt for our new building.  Better odds than the lottery guys and girls.  We can really use the support and someone is gong away with the Jeep on Saturday!

PS  I know that is not what you meant so I will try to find a $10 gem!

• Like 4

Last time at Hershey I caught a vendor with one card table set up in the Greenfield. He had mainly some old tools but I bought two NOS Model T Timers for, $5 each. It was on Friday and they were right out in plain sight.

Terry

• Like 2

I can't beat the $10.00 price and I can't even take credit for "my" score. Back in the early '80s my wife and son were trailing me as we walked down one of the aisles. I kept walking and waited at the end of the aisle for them to catch up. After several minutes they came walking up with a big box in our wagon. My son was about 10 at the time, was into baseball card collecting. He came upon the box that contained several thousand baseball and football cards and purchased it for $15.00. I can't begin to tell you the cards that were in that box. Mantle, Mays, Williams, 18 Pete Rose rookie cards, Koufax and many thousand more. 

• Like 3