For Sale: 1951 Chrysler Windsor - "Beautifully restored" - "Reduced to sell" - Coeur D'Alene, ID - Not Mine - 9/30 Reduced Again

For sale on Facebook: 1951 Chrysler Windsor 4-door Sedan in Coeur D'Alene, ID  -  $13,950 (reduced from $19,500)  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 9/30, Seller reduced price to $12,950

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1468346296891875/1951-Chrysler-Windsor

Seller's Description:

1951 Chrysler Windsor 4-door Sedan

• Driven 10,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Grey
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

Beautifully restored 1951 Chrysler Windsor 4 door sedan. This is a “ must see” car. Runs and drives as it should. Located in Couer D Alene Idaho for viewing. Winter is coming soon so I need it gone. Lowered the price to make this happen. First person with cash in hand owns it.

image.png.bce86d68862a46c6cba4e220f4e9fbb4.png

image.png.684fa2998bccbdb5c90c9916a266e5a3.png

image.png.5c2c92cd031efcccec1c1bca776c0ffa.png

image.png.b59487a02177c0198bd8c5bab67c078a.png

image.png.0c9f5468c9f42a05b0c287775a669e02.png

image.png.6698900a1569700dc271c7f7dc726f65.png

image.png.76afa0a295b969980f61b7a72cdae246.png

image.png.648472b6f91fa3169e3ae3efc132320c.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update price (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The car looks beautiful and I don't think the interior detracts from it at all. Probably didn't come with rubber floor mats either but I wouldn't hesitate to own it. Compared to my DeSoto this thing is pristine. 

Thanks for posting it. Amazing that there are so many of these wonderful old Chrysler products out there. 

• Like 2

I find the 50-52 Chrylser's interesting from the standpoint they were trying to get to a fully auto trans but couldn't do it all at once so they took to subtle changes. In 1950 you still have to use the gear selector much in the way of a three on the tree but you just put in high or low range. No indicator. Needed the clutch to change through the 2 different ranges and reverse but let your foot off the gas at the right speed and it would shift between the two gears within the selected range.  Then the next year they just made it look like an auto trans with the gear selector on the column but you still needed the clutch.  Chrysler was behind in auto trans development for many years until they built one of the best.  But is has been told to me that fluid drive equipped cars where great in the snow.

• Like 1

Items circled in red are non-original to this car.  The little molding behind the front wheel belongs to a 1954 Chrysler.  Not sure if the chrome "fins" on the rear fenders are Chrysler items - regardless, they are incorrect for this car.  More than likely, the sun visor is not the original type for this car, either.  With that being said, I do think it is a nice-looking Windsor.

WINDSOR.jpg

Edited by Dosmo (see edit history)
  • Like 4

It appears that that sun visor is mounted incorrectly. Maybe because when they are mounted correctly they tend to block the view looking out of the windshield. So maybe it was mounted higher up to avoid the "interference" when looking out the windshield.

Also, I sure hope the car was parked on a hill when some of the pics were taken. There is some serious "lean" going on.

I wonder if the homemade "cup holder/floor console"" is included in the sale.

Nice car but Chryslers of this era (50's) struggle to bring any kind of decent money - regardless of condition. They just don't. Especially 4-doors unless it is an exceptional car - like one with only 1000 miles from new and was wrapped in an airtight bag all its life......;)

On 9/18/2021 at 4:30 PM, Joe Cocuzza said:

So maybe it was mounted higher up to avoid the "interference" when looking out the windshield.

If the visor is mounted too low it makes seeing traffic lights just about impossible. They used to make (still do) an accessory that mounted on the dash that made traffic lights easier to see. 

online store traffic light viewer traffic light finder Guide traffic viewer  traffic finder new products novelty items -actuary.statistics.unpad.ac.id

• Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1951 Chrysler Windsor - "Beautifully restored" - "Reduced to sell" - Coeur D'Alene, ID - Not Mine - 9/30
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1951 Chrysler Windsor - "Beautifully restored" - "Reduced to sell" - Coeur D'Alene, ID - Not Mine - 9/30 Reduced Again