1931 Cadillac V-16 Madame X

George Smolinski

On 9/16/2021 at 10:36 PM, 58L-Y8 said:

What and where is the Fleetwood Salon?

It's west of London Ontario. Privately owned by a very well known Cadillac collector who generously lets us local riff raff use his beautiful property for a summer time cruise. The local Lions Club put's it on.

• Like 1

This guy goes over the top putting on events at his home for car guys. Even has a circus tent put up for evening dinners with a 60s rock band. In the past he has featured Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Beach Boys, Martha Reeves,  Mitch Ryder, Paul Revere’s Raiders and Gary Lewis and the Playboys to name a few.  All money raised goes to charity.

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Not technically a Madame X the 4276 shares many of the features and in my opinion is a stunningly beautiful car, all V16's from 1930 to 1937 are one of the most elegant highest build quality  cars ever built. Only car I ever had that has no rough castings, water pumps, pitman arms, shock absorbers are all metal finished. When you strip off the paint the polishing marks are visible.

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, V16 said:

Not technically a Madame X the 4276 shares many of the features and in my opinion is a stunningly beautiful car, all V16's from 1930 to 1937 are one of the most elegant highest build quality  cars ever built. Only car I ever had that has no rough castings, water pumps, pitman arms, shock absorbers are all metal finished. When you strip off the paint the polishing marks are visible.

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

Absolutely beautiful !

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

If you explore the front, passenger side frame rail, just ahead of the spring perch, you should find a large stamping "X."  Given the thin windshield pillars,  18 degree tilt to the windshield, chrome window surrounds and the frame stamping, I think this is the best Madame "X" design produced.

Nice buy!

Jim