Hershey News from the AACA National Office - 9/10/21

Steve Moskowitz

Everyone is anxiously waiting for you to arrive this October for the best week in the car hobby!  This year’s dates are October 6-9.  All activities are essentially the same as in previous years with very minor changes.  We have a full schedule and participation levels in the flea market, car corral and car show are every bit as big as in the past years.With that being said, there is one HUGE change this year and that is...

THE OPENING UP OF YOUR NEW NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS AND LIBRARY!

It is currently open but minor work is still ongoing.  Monday and Tuesday you will be able to drive into our parking lot as space permits.  We expect to be very, very busy.  From Wednesday until Saturday parking is by permit only.  We are sorry to have to do this but there was no good way to satisfy traffic conditions leading to our building without potentially causing traffic backups onto a state road.  You will be able to cross the street from the fields or car corral and walk to the building.  Afterall, we know you are use to walking during Hershey week!

LIBRARY:  The library is working feverishly to find enough volunteers to allow for building tours and research at the same time.  Final decisions on how this will work will depend on getting enough qualified help to take care of the expected crowds.

DEDICATION CEREMONY: In addition, we are having a smallish dedication ceremony Wednesday night at the building.  This event is by invitation only.  Sadly, we cannot accommodate hundreds if not thousands of people for this event and it is being limited to those individuals, regions, supporters, and people who had a large hand in its construction as guests.  We will also have some local politicians and the press.  This does not mean we do not respect and appreciate every single person who helped make this dream become a reality. 

RM AUCTION: Finally, we would like to make you aware that at the RM Auction during Hershey week they will include an auction of 6 pedal cars to benefit the AACA Building Fund. Speaking of the building fund, we are very close to paying off our loan so if you are thinking of making a tax-deductible donation now is the time!

• Like 6

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Hershey News from the AACA National Office - 9/10/21
17 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Honestly we have not thought about recording or streaming the event as it is going to just a couple of short speeches and a ribbon cutting just to "memorialize" the opening.  Now you've added maybe a little more to my plate, thanks! :) 

Surely it will be longer than Lincoln's Gettysburg address. 

Bob 

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2021 at 4:39 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

Honestly we have not thought about recording or streaming the event as it is going to just a couple of short spelches and a ribbon cutting just to "memorialize" the opening.  Now you've added maybe a little more to my plate, thanks! :) 

Just think of the recording as the Historic Preservation of the Opening Ceremony (HPOC) which some might say fits right in with the club's mission of Preservation. 🙂

A video would be a permanent "memorial" of this Milestone for the Club that can be viewed by ALL club members wherever they are both now and for years to come.

Even if this recording is 5, 10 or 15 minutes, it would contain much more content and give the viewer a more complete feeling for the event than a typical 2-2:30 minute highlight segment on the local news which most members will probably not be able to see much past a few weeks after the event.

Sorry for adding to what's on your plate right now. Maybe I can find you a larger one? 😉

• Like 1

Charlie, It really is going to be a simple event to thank some folks but I will be looking into getting someone to handle this as I cannot add any more to my overflowing plate as it is nor can the staff right now.  The next issue of the magazine is going to be 12 pages BIGGER and have a 15 or so page story with pictures taking everyone through the entire process of this project.

• Like 1

Steve, You and the staff are some of the hardest working people I know. I realize over the last couple of years you and the staff have had your plates full to overflowing. Rest assured that I and many other AACA Members I know appreciate all your efforts on our behalf.

The upcoming story in the magazine sounds Fantastic!   Looking forward to reading it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1