Studebaker rockne

Dear people

Can somebody give me advice (informatie)

About where i can buy Window channels and a rubber strip for the air intake under the windshield

See photo

I'm close to finish this project after thirtys years in a barn because of covid i starter up the restauratie

And With some help of people (David babcock) and others for the parts i lost ( thanks up from my heart)

Its amazing to see a car like this in a good conditie (see photo's)

90 years is the car almost but stil a diamant (beautyful lady)

I wil enjoy to drive the car next years

I hoop people wil enjoy IT also to see

Herman

IMG20210825152116.jpg

IMG20210825151951.jpg

IMG20210825140431.jpg

IMG20210630204943.jpg

IMG20210626083559.jpg

• Like 2

Herman, I would suggest posting your question/needs on the Studebaker/Erskine/Rockne section of the AACA forum. Here is a link: https://forums.aaca.org/forum/21-studebaker-erskine-rockne/

There are many people knowledgeable on Studebaker & Rockne parts availability that frequent that part of the forum. Good luck!

Edited by r1lark (see edit history)

The part number for the seal on your Rockne is listed as 244159, also used on Studebaker Commander and President cars through 1932.  I don't think the 244159 part is being reproduced.  You may be able to buy some closed-cell foam rubber strip and form it around the groove, glue the ends together with acrylic instant glue.  Use rubber adhesive in the bottom of the groove to keep the rubber in place - once you are sure that it fits.   

Steele Rubber makes many molded parts and long strips for old cars.  Download their catalog of Universal parts here:  https://www.steelerubber.com/request-universal-catalog

You can probably find something to use for a windshield gasket, as well. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Those are ordinary screws you can buy at most hardware stores. They look like either 1/4/20 or 5/16/ SAE oval head screws.  Take an old one with you to verify it.  Use a known nut to thread onto the old one so you'll know the correct size.  You might have trouble finding a slotted screw, but even a phillips-head will be fine.  You can also get them in stainless steel so they won't rust out in the weather!

Edited by Ray500 (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/27/2021 at 9:22 PM, Gary_Ash said:

The part number for the seal on your Rockne is listed as 244159, also used on Studebaker Commander and President cars through 1932.  I don't think the 244159 part is being reproduced.  You may be able to buy some closed-cell foam rubber strip and form it around the groove, glue the ends together with acrylic instant glue.  Use rubber adhesive in the bottom of the groove to keep the rubber in place - once you are sure that it fits.   

Steele Rubber makes many molded parts and long strips for old cars.  Download their catalog of Universal parts here:  https://www.steelerubber.com/request-universal-catalog

You can probably find something to use for a windshield gasket, as well. 

Gary

Do you have a Studebaker rockne embleem for sale 

Or now someone that may sell one

Before David BABCOCK past away 

He had one for sale 

Thanks and enjoy 

Herman de boer 

The Netherlands