Ford V8 neon signs, 30-31 Model A parts for sale at Hershey

dalef62

As has bern suggested, recommend you take the time to research some auction prices. You might be surprised. If they are genuine, your price guestimates are light. 

Terry

• Like 1

PM Mike Chandless who is part owner of a high quality auction company specializing in advertising and is a member of this forum.  Let us know what figures you arrive at.  Like Terry I think you are under valued if they are "real"  You could also contact Kevin Parker at Route 32 Auctions (formerly Showtime Auctions)

Edited by Robert G. Smits
Addition (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Robert G. Smits said:

PM Mike Chandless who is part owner of a high quality auction company specializing in advertising and is a member of this forum.  Let us know what figures you arrive at.  Like Terry I think you are under valued if they are "real"  You could also contact Kevin Parker at Route 32 Auctions (formerly Showtime Auctions)

Tried looking up Mike Chandless and couldn't find him to message him.

I am sorry,  It is McChandless.  My error, it's hell to get "old" but if you are lucky it will happen to you also.  Let me know if you have trouble as I have his cell number somewhere

3 hours ago, Robert G. Smits said:

I am sorry,  It is McChandless.  My error, it's hell to get "old" but if you are lucky it will happen to you also.  Let me know if you have trouble as I have his cell number somewhere

Still having problems finding him.  Maybe pm me his number.

Thanks for all the replies, I have looked around a little tonight and found a few results.  Too many people posting reproductions as original or vintage.  Looks like I was light on the prices.  I will do more searching and see what I come up with.  

The signs will be at Hershey in the green field GBC 7-8.

Edited by dalef62 (see edit history)

18 hours ago, dalef62 said:
22 hours ago, Robert G. Smits said:

Still having problems finding him.

Go to the search function in the center of the blue banner at the top and this will take you to search member.  You can PM him.  He was last on the forum Wednesday

• dalef62 changed the title to Ford V8 neon signs for sale at Hershey
  • 1 month later...
  • dalef62 changed the title to Ford V8 neon signs, 30-31 Model A parts for sale at Hershey

I spent about a year of my miss-spent youth at a sign shop specializing in neons and picked this up;  to approximate the manufacturing dates of signs, look carefully at the tubing after a gentle cleaning.  A date may be on the glass itself indicating its manufacturing date, which would also indicate a time before which the sign could not have been made.  I believe my '50's Chevrolet and Nash neon signs that were hanging on the shop's wall and  given to me when the shop closed in the '70's have dates there.

• 2 weeks later...