Stearing Wheel and informations of my Buick

Teddy Garampazzi

Hi everybody,

My name is Teddy, I am French and it is a pleasure to meet you on this forum.

I contact you to introduce my 1937 roadmaster buick and get information about it.
It belonged to my great grandfather. Not having known him I am unable to know the history of the car, I simply know that he had bought the vehicle at a Buick dealership in Lyon in France. The serial number is 3024429. I did not find an identification plate inside the engine compartment.
It is therefore a European version with the meter in km/h and also other options (window between the front and rear compartment of the vehicle/ Curtains/ Footrest...).

Have you ever seen a version like this in the USA? Is it a special edition?
I’m also looking for a steering wheel for my beauty. If you know someone who sells one, I’m interested.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

_DSC3380.JPG

Photo Buick.JPG

Photo Mariage 3.jpg

• Like 3

Hello Teddy, thought i would  welcome you to the Buick forum, and thank you  for sharing 

photos of your wonderful, 1937 Buick,  it is a beautiful example---and its  original  interior .

I am not a expert on 37 models, but i do notice many items on your  Buick that  differs from

US models, it also looks like it is very road worthy , as it is fitted with low profile Michelin radial tires,.

Hope someone here from US can help you with another   steering wheel.--Thank you.

• Like 1

Very nice car.

There are companies here in the US that can re cast your steering wheel. Of course it is expensive and you have the shipping both ways.

I would think it would be hard to find a nice wheel but you can put a want ad in that section of the forum and asking here is a good start.

Hopefully someone that has used a steering wheel service will jump in and give you some names.

Dave

• Thanks 1

Hi Teddy,   You have a very nice '37'.    You might check with Dave Techeny in Minnesota .    He specializes in 36 thru 38  Buicks.     I have used him for parts for over 7 - 8 years.      He does not do e-mails but phone call he perfers.    During the day he is out putting parts together for customers.   He is available from 4:00 to 6:30  pm.  Central time zone.   1-763-427-3460.      Monday thru Friday.     If you want - mail a letter to  Dave Tacheny, 11949 Oregon Ave.,   Champlin,   MN.      55316.        He is a straight shooter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1