My "new" 1930 Pierce Arrow

Joe Cocuzza

• 5 months later...

Hello Joe,

Just looking on the forum to see if you have posted any updates on your P-A. I have enjoyed your postings of your cleaning so far. I hope the project is going well. I am on the hunt for my first P-A as well. Best wishes.

Dennis

• 2 months later...

Have not been updating on the car because I have not been able to get back into it yet. Not enough time.

However, I do have a question.

I did try to drain the gas tank on Sunday but I was unable to remove the drain plug. 

Here's the question:

It looks like I would need to use a 3/8" square drive to fit into the plug to remove it. I tried a 3/8" drive but it would not go into the plug. I then tried a 1/4" drive - too small.

Is it a 3/8" square plug in the gas tank or some other size?

Also, could it be a 3/8" size and mine is buggered up a little thereby not allowing the drive to be inserted?

24 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Syphon ?

There isn't much gas in the tank so syphoning will not work.

Also, I want to remove the plug so I can flush the tank out.

Anyway, I ordered, what I believe to be, the correct socket today.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

It has been some time since I updated any "progress" on the Pierce.

I have made a giant step toward getting the car ready for starting but I do not want to post about it yet.

Once everything is reassembled, etc. I will give a detailed update with pictures.

Joe

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 10:33 PM, Joe Cocuzza said:

It has been some time since I updated any "progress" on the Pierce.

I have made a giant step toward getting the car ready for starting but I do not want to post about it yet.

Once everything is reassembled, etc. I will give a detailed update with pictures.

Joe

Looking forward to updates and following your progress, a great car and sounds like you appreciate that fact!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

Does anyone here have a wiring diagram for this car?

I sure could use a copy

Joe, since you're a PAS member, on the website download the **1929** owner's manual (1929 was the last year OM to have any mechanical adjustment information).  On the website, go to Member Pages --> Publications & Technical --> Owner's Manual Library --> 1929.  I probably have a diagram in an aftermarket manual but can't get to it until Monday at least.  Let me know if you want me to chase it down.  I usually take a wiring diagram page to a copying place, have it enlarged to 11 x 17--about six copies.  Then buy a pack of four different-colored highlighters.  Use one copy for lighting, another for generator & starter, another for ignition--as you wish.  Minimizes eyestrain for us old guys...

5 hours ago, Grimy said:

Joe, since you're a PAS member, on the website download the **1929** owner's manual (1929 was the last year OM to have any mechanical adjustment information).  On the website, go to Member Pages --> Publications & Technical --> Owner's Manual Library --> 1929.  I probably have a diagram in an aftermarket manual but can't get to it until Monday at least.  Let me know if you want me to chase it down.  I usually take a wiring diagram page to a copying place, have it enlarged to 11 x 17--about six copies.  Then buy a pack of four different-colored highlighters.  Use one copy for lighting, another for generator & starter, another for ignition--as you wish.  Minimizes eyestrain for us old guys...

I would appreciate it if you could chase it down for me.