1938 Buick Special - $14,950 Northern California NOT MINE

Looks a little like Raphael Green, an original color, but more like lime green, and wheels should be a contrasting green. 

Maybe the photos are misleading, but the valve cover looks like it got overtightened and bent.

Running boards need work, the pot metal grill looks dull and probably pitted, interior, etc.

Asking price might be optimistic.

One could buy this 37 2 door just posted on Craigslist for 11,000. or less.  There are more pics in the Ad.

1937 Buick Special, 2 Door - $11,000 (Peru, NY)

1937 Buick Special, 2 door sedan, model 48, a real time capsule, survivor, good solid body and frame (no visible rust), original paint with lots of patina, straight 8 cyl, 3 speed (on floor), 6-volt, Runs and stops good. Lots of new parts: new carb., new distributor, new electronic ignition, new plugs and wires, new steering wheel

https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/plattsburgh-1937-buick-special-door/7336508692.html

00x0x_k1OyLKxmv5jz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, auburnseeker said:

One could buy this 37 2 door just posted on Craigslist for 11,000. or less.  There are more pics in the Ad.

1937 Buick Special, 2 Door - $11,000 (Peru, NY)

1937 Buick Special, 2 door sedan, model 48, a real time capsule, survivor, good solid body and frame (no visible rust), original paint with lots of patina, straight 8 cyl, 3 speed (on floor), 6-volt, Runs and stops good. Lots of new parts: new carb., new distributor, new electronic ignition, new plugs and wires, new steering wheel

https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/plattsburgh-1937-buick-special-door/7336508692.html

00x0x_k1OyLKxmv5jz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Nice! 2-door is a great body style for this car. 

Asking price is good, too.

Buy this one, even if you're on the west coast.

I agree the lines on this one really beat out the 4 door hands down.  Looks like door panels were redone?  But look kind of right to the untrained eye.  Add to that the new steering wheel.  If I was in the market I would be looking.  It's only 2 hours from me. 

• Like 1

If the car was sorted out, I could see asking for the whole loaf, but I don't believe the wiring has been done, and the interior is a question mark, so I would question those two items. the valve cover would pique my curiosity also. IMO the green makes the car look a little more interesting than the standard black. 

I've contacted the owner for interior pics. 

Agree, it looks sort of like the Raphael Green, perhaps a bit lighter.  But really I love this color on this car!  Looks period correct to me rather than some of the 1980's two tone pastels that were used.

The firewall is dirty but appears to be green as well.

Looks like the woodgraining has faded to the undercoat, or more likely, somebody just rattlecanned everything to match.

With that interior, it looks like a $7K-8K car to me.

I agree with Auburnseeker; if the 2 door's available, it's a much better buy.

• Like 1