1926 Studebaker Big Six - Engine Colour

Hi, I own a 1926 Studebaker Big Six, EP, sport roadster. What is the right colour to paint the engine and transmission? 
thanks

Julio

From the Antique Studebaker Revue Sept/Oct 1975 - 

My guess is that with the earlier cars there is no specific shade. 

At the bottom it says 'concluded on the next page', but I don't have that. This lot was posted on the NorCal Studebaker facebook page.

7.jpg

The EP engine of my car was produced in february 1926, is this early or late 1926, based on production year?

Hello all!  I have early Studebaker ES President 7 passenger sedan (1926). This is unrestored project, disassembled in the 60's.  Engine color is silver grey with black distributor, weaterpump, starter, generator and valve cover. I think this is orginal colour. Is this possible?

My car’s engine (1926 big six EP) is also light grey (maybe silver grey in the past), it seems to be original, but I am not sure. 

Color; Something you could consider Battleship Grey solid but I would rule out any metallic.  Not Exactly sure When the grey started but a semi-educated guess would be late 28 or 29. Remember the old Bell Telephone green? Close to that ,and they were told to match 30 weight oil. Good luck. Commander Dave; 1927 Commander Roadster with the engine grey.

• 2 years later...

So medium gray it is! Any pictures for reference would be much appreciated. Tks!

I don't recall who sent me these photos of original paint on a Big Six engine. Maybe one of the members here....

image.png.9b1dd21bdc4236beaf4178c688f67f25.png

image.png.f341d3d52c498d1cfaedac7d0fa7ee57.png

• Like 1

Thanks, StudeLight. This color matches exactly to the original paint of the engine in my car.