Cast iron cylinder from individual cylinder engine,but which one?

sagefinds

The bore is 4" plus .045 ". It looks really clean,but appears to have been used. There is a helicoil in one of the top water pipe mounting holes. There is number 3509 stamped into one of the flat surfaces,number 7 in another. The flat surface on the one side could be to mount a fan bracket. I looked hard for a crack or damage,some reason why it would be off the engine but couldn't see anything. Maybe it was just saved off an engine that blowed up. Appreciate any help.

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

I don't know what it is, but it does not look like the Overland engine pictured to me.  To begin with, the water manifold on the Overland mounts to a rounded surface and the unidentified cylinder is flat all across the top surface.  Secondly, the Overland has two threaded ports on top for the spark plug and priming cup, but the unidentified cylinder has three threaded ports on top.  Third, the boss for the intake and exhaust manifolds is different with the Overland having one threaded hole for the manifold clamps and the boss on the unidentified cylinder has four holes.  Just my observations.

Wondering if it may be a marine engine cylinder. Odd that it has a separate hole for the spark plug. Usually the spark plug is in one of the plugs that accesses the valves.  

I thought this was Overland but a guy that came and picked up an Overland steering column of probably a similar year this week didn't recognize it. I know there are differences between mine and the ones in Layden's picture so one may be earlier or later. In response to Dandy Dave's assessment,I've added a picture of a '14 Cadillac head with three holes so it's not unheard of but a reasonable thought. Of course,the Cad system is totally different. Getting off topic,the head on that Cad cylinder is held onto the cylinder with a threaded nipple that has about an 1 1/2" hex hole in it for a tightening tool. So the airfuel mixture ignites in the top head,then has to blast down through that small hole to push the piston down. I would think in this day and age,someone would have patterned and cast a one-piece replacement cylinder with the sparkplug in the top center of a hemi shaped area. The valves could still be under threaded plugs on the side but wouldn't there be quite a bit more power out of one of these engines. Everything would have to be cast and machined to fit all the original piping,etc. Thanks to all who commented. I may try a picture in the WOKR Newsletter and get to the heart of the Overland movement on the original cylinder.

IMG_1005.JPG