1966 Mustang Fastback

When I was in HS there was one these tucked in the back of a bodyshop where it had sat for years.   Had the big cue ball shift knob on it.   This isn't winning any originality awards but I really like the look of it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ford-Mustang-2-door/174724420925

1966 Ford Mustang Gt Fastback comes with its original 289 c.i engine as well as 4 speed manual. The 289 was just recently rebuilt runs and drives very well. The transmission has also been completely gone through all seals and bearing were replaced. No oil leaks and no transmission leaks of any sort. The car is painted Tahoe Turquoise which was professionally redone in a PPG base coat clear coat paint system. The body is very straight no waves at all. The interior was also redone including new seats and foam, door panels, kick panels, headliner, and carpet. The dash pad is also new. The undercarriage was professionally sanded and undercoated. No rust no patch jobs a nice original floor. The exhaust was also replaced after the rebuilt engine was installed. The braking system was rebuilt front to back. The car has new rotors and disc brakes on the front and new drums and wheel cylinders in the rear. The mustang also has new Magnum style wheels and tires that will come with the car. Original GT styled steel wheels are also available for the winning buyer if he or she is looking for a different wheel or tire to go with the car. The car has a new wood grain instrument cluster, glove box, and a center console that is all period and factory correct to what a GT car would have left the factory in. Air conditioning is also available if the winning customer chooses to have it installed which is approx a 2 week turn around.

MustangFastback.jpg

• Like 1

Real GT ? I paid $650.00 for mine . { in 1975 } Mine was a great car for the price , but an auto. I would like to own another one some day , but when I see the current prices it's not going to happen.

Lots of great High School era memories with these cars. Several friends also owned 65's or 6's at the time.

Mine wasn't a real primo example, just a decent condition used car. You had to go all the way up to the $1200.00 - $1500.00 range to snag a mint 4 speed. My High School income could never swing that sort of price.

Greg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1973 in high school.  My first car was a 66 GT Fastback 289 4bbl with a 3 speed.   Wish I had the car now.  Paid $500 at the time.  Sold it about a year later and the kid wrapped it around a pole.

Yeah - a lot of great mustangs around at the time.  Daily driver Shelby's and California Specials.

Edited by JayG
added info (see edit history)

Never forget the day I looked at a black 65 or 66 fb at age 14, up on a trailer, $400, around 1977.  "Is this a southern car by chance?"  Snickering reply, after two older guys exchange knowing wink, yeah kid, Southern Connecticut! 

Dad didn't like the rust....

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Never forget the day I looked at a black 65 or 66 fb at age 14, up on a trailer, $400, around 1977.  "Is this a southern car by chance?"  Snickering reply, after two older guys exchange knowing wink, yeah kid, Southern Connecticut! 

Dad didn't like the rust....

My car spent its life in New Jersey.  When I went to see it, the very rotted side was parked very closely against a concrete block wall.  I was a teen and Overhaulin' was a popular TV show so a little rot probably wouldn't have dissuaded me from making the biggest purchase of my life.  After all, everything can be fixed in two weeks, right?

As an aside, aluminum tape should not be used on structural components. 

• Like 2