For Sale: 1949 Chrysler Windsor 1st Series - $9,900 - Stockholm, WI - Not Mine

For Sale: 1949 Chrysler Windsor 1st Series - $9,900 - Stockholm, WI

1949 (1948) Chrysler Windsor 1st Edition - cars & trucks - by owner... (craigslist.org)

This Chrysler is a survivor (50,676 original miles), has had a pampered life, including heated dry storage for the last 5 years. I have the original manual and bill of sale, sold in Stillwater, Minnesota February 1949. Chrysler was not ready with their 1949 bodies, so they continued making 1948 bodies into February of 1949 calling them 1949 1st Edition. This makes this a very rare and interesting model. Check out the rear seat, very spacious, it has dark blue mohair with opera rope on the back of front seat. Suicide back doors catches everyone's attention. Check out the acres of chrome. This car has not been restored! Recent work done: brake job, battery, 4 seat belts, new Coker wide white-wall tires (not mounted yet). We recently bought a puppy, so no more cruising in this Chrysler. 

Contact:  Calls only please, and leave a message. Thanks, Soren  (612) 7-3-five-5-8-two-four

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1949 Chrysler Windsor 1st Series sedan.

'49 Chrysler Windsor 1st series MN a.jpg

'49 Chrysler Windsor 1st series MN b.jpg

'49 Chrysler Windsor 1st series MN c.jpg

'49 Chrysler Windsor 1st series MN d.jpg

• Like 4

Beautiful. 

Chrysler experts, is there anything (besides the serial number) that makes one of these 49s different from a 48? 

In the Blue Book value guides of the era, they listed the serial number break so that a 48 can be differed from one of these 49s and valued accordingly. However I would imagine that at trade in time (or consumer loan) they were valued no different than a lower mileage 46-8. It was the postwar sellers market but that was cooling off by 49. 

• Like 1