Seat foam for 1965 Riviera

kreed

I am in the process of redoing the deluxe interior in a 65 Riviera. I know that Clark’s sells the foam buns for 63 and 64 but they state clearly that the 65 foam is not the same and they do not have it  . My upholstery guy said that it might be easier to “modify the 63/64 foam to fit the 65 Deluxe interior than to build foam from scratch . Wondering if anyone has expertise / experience along this line ? As always , thanks .

KReed

ROA 14549

27 minutes ago, kreed said:

I am in the process of redoing the deluxe interior in a 65 Riviera. I know that Clark’s sells the foam buns for 63 and 64 but they state clearly that the 65 foam is not the same and they do not have it  . My upholstery guy said that it might be easier to “modify the 63/64 foam to fit the 65 Deluxe interior than to build foam from scratch . Wondering if anyone has expertise / experience along this line ? As always , thanks .

KReed

ROA 14549

I replaced the seat springs in my 63. My upholstery guy cooked up foam off the shelf to fit. Looks good.

Turbinator

Edited by Turbinator (see edit history)

If you have the Motor Trend channel, watch "Bitchin' Rides" and watch the upholsterer Dave and Kev-Dog use when they're creating new upholstery for a car.  High density foam and an electric carving knife produce some awesome results.