Experience with repro windshield molding sets for '65 Riv?

DShoes

Hi All. Weighing options on new windshield molding for my '65. Looking for as clean as possible without breaking the bank.

Does anyone have any experience with the repro kit from Restoparts? I'm a little confused as they are very specific that their kit is only three pieces (instead of 5) and does appear not to include the pair of vertical posts that go on either side. Also curious how well they fit.

Here's a link to the kit in question: https://www.carid.com/restoparts/windshield-molding-set-mpn-br03310.html?singleid=2909719405&url=15195467

Thanks.

Edited by DShoes
omitted key word (see edit history)

1 hour ago, lrlforfun said:

OK 😧 All First-Gen Rivs are the same and they are available used for very reasonable. Polish 'em up? Still reasonable.  Mitch

So...any experience with the Restopart in question?

I’m clear on the existing stock available. What I’ve been seeing has damage that can’t be polished out. And it costs as much (or more) than the Restopart.

10 hours ago, DShoes said:

So...any experience with the Restopart in question?

I’m clear on the existing stock available. What I’ve been seeing has damage that can’t be polished out. And it costs as much (or more) than the Restopart.

Eastwood sells a trim restoration kit. Small hammer, dollies, and files.  It's not too difficult to restore stainless trim.

32 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Eastwood sells a trim restoration kit. Small hammer, dollies, and files.  It's not too difficult to restore stainless trim.

I'm not seeing the Eastwood set you're referring to, Ed, but I like you're thinking and will see what I can find on trim restoration sets.