1932 Ford V8 original rebuilt

There was one advertised recently in the 15k range, but the pricing was being criticized quite nicely.

Seems like anytime “1932 Ford” is written, there are big dollar signs coming right behind.

From an outsiders perspective, with all the ‘32’s that are now hot rods with the ubiquitous SBC power, it would seem a loose original engine wouldn’t be that rare......

I have an early 21-stud flathead V8 sitting in my storage room that appears to be a 1932 with cast iron heads. It was rebuilt a number of years ago and is complete from oil pan to intake. I can't even seem to give it away for free...

• Like 1

Like most things, when it comes to original 1932 V-8 Ford engines, the Devil is in the Details. Original and CORRECT 1932 Ford V-8 engines and blocks are one year only and-if you know what to look-are extremely different than later examples. There have been volumes written amount these minute details in the Early Ford V8 publications. The prices and values of Ford V-8 engines drops significantly after you pass 1932, 1933-34, etc.

To the untrained eye, all early flathead Ford V-8 engines look the same but they aren't.

It is also important to remember that there were inherent issues with these first year, flathead V-8 engines. For this reason there were changes made in 1933 and many 1932 V-8 engine cars (correctly called the Model 18) had their original engines replaced early on in their active lives. The survival rate of original and correct 1932 engines is quite low. There are still people restoring EFV8 Club, Dearborn Winning 1932 Fords and CORRECT 1932 engines are still desirable and sought after. Good, clean, rebuildable examples of a real 1932  engine are still quite rare. 

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)

1 hour ago, motoringicons said:

Like most things, when it comes to original 1932 V-8 Ford engines, the Devil is in the Details. Original and CORRECT 1932 Ford V-8 engines and blocks are one year only and-if you know what to look-are extremely different than later examples. There have been volumes written amount these minute details in the Early Ford V8 publications. The prices and values of Ford V-8 engines drops significantly after you pass 1932, 1933-34, etc.

To the untrained eye, all early flathead Ford V-8 engines look the same but they aren't.

It is also important to remember that there were inherent issues with these first year, flathead V-8 engines. For this reason there were changes made in 1933 and many 1932 V-8 engine cars (correctly called the Model 18) had their original engines replaced early on in their active lives. The survival rate of original and correct 1932 engines is quite low. There are still people restoring EFV8 Club, Dearborn Winning 1932 Fords and CORRECT 1932 engines are still desirable and sought after. Good, clean, rebuildable examples of a real 1932  engine are still quite rare. 

This is a true 32 block by the straight down drains.

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2021 at 8:21 AM, Matt Harwood said:

I have an early 21-stud flathead V8 sitting in my storage room that appears to be a 1932 with cast iron heads. It was rebuilt a number of years ago and is complete from oil pan to intake. I can't even seem to give it away for free...

Let me know if you ever want to give it away!  😀  I'm a sucker for flatheads.

• 3 weeks later...