Help-1st Generation Seat Question

Riviera63

On the right side of the passenger seat there is a lanyard that connects from the seat bottom to the seat top. On my 1963 the plastic that covers the wire is cracked and falling off. I got a replacement from a 64 Riv and it is somewhat different than mine. The 64 lanyard has a coiled wire on one end. Could anyone tell me which seat half it connects to and how to orient the wire when you put it on the seat? Thanks.

Bill

IMG_6511.JPG

IMG_6512.JPG

IMG_6513.JPG

To me these lanyards looked hideous........in theory they kept the seat back from hitting the console

when tilting the seat back forward, but all you have to do is be careful when tilting the seat back forward....

I tossed the one on my car right after I got it....couldn't stand how cheesy it looked.

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

Question.  Can you remember the last time you had an adult sized passenger in the back seat of your first generation Riviera?

Answer: Yes

One may also need to move the seat back forward for a non-adult size person to sit in the back seat. One also needs to move the seat back for a number of reasons not related to a person sitting back there. 

I am one of those funny people that likes to keep things in his car as they were. If I am installing something or replacing something I would like to put it in place as it is supposed to be. I am looking for constructive advice on how this piece should be installed on the seat. I would appreciate any 64 owner (or 65 if they were the same) to take a look and let me know. Thanks.

Bill