convertible interior lights-replacements? reproductions?

wildcatsrule

I'm looking at buying a convertible that for some reason, no longer has those rear interior lights that are found on the lower side panels in the backseat. The wiring is still there, but I'll need to find replacement lamps-you know, those flat square ones that were used for years? I've run across lenses for these lamps-does anyone have a lead on where I can find the lamps themselves so I can do a retrofit? Thanks David

What model is the car you're looking at? I have the same problem with a car I'm about to buy. It's a 71 Centurion. Please say this isn't the same car you're looking at. I'll have to fight you for it. wink.gif

If you find a source for your parts, shoot me a message and I'll see if they have parts for me!

Adam

Guest Buicklover

Adam,

Cars @ www.oldbuickparts.com has the lens available you are looking for. They can be found in group 11.928 (interior parts) part# 4482877. They sell for $5.75 ea.

I bought a set for my '60 LeSabre Convt.,my '69 E225 Convt., & my '74 LeSabre Convt. They are a nice reproduction. Look & fit very nice.

Hope this helps.....

Bill R. Grand Blanc, Mi.

BCA # 12434

ROA # 7997

Adam- No, we won't have to fight over the same car. The one on my radar screen is a '70 Electra 225. Hopefully one of these resources listed will help. Thanks everyone for your input! David

Those courtesy lamp lenses tended to deteriorate pretty quickly. Pretty thin white plastic. When I was looking for them on my '68 LeSabre a while back, I discovered them to appear to have lots of crossover with other GM lines too plus other Buick platforms too, if I recall correctly (it's been several years).

Happy New Year,

NTX5467

How long ago did you buy the lenses from "Old Buick Parts" (CARS,Inc.)? I have ordered them several times from this place, and I am always told they are out of stock. I need a set of the plastic lenses for my '75 LeSabre convertible.

Pete Phillips

BCA #7338

Ector, Texas

Guest 70 Electra

You guys are going about it the hard way. 4482877 is a currently available GM part. Just go down to your local GM (doesn't have to be BUICK) dealer and order some. Dealer price is $2.76 each, so I would expect "list" price to be about $5 each.

You may have to pay up front, but shouldn't have to pay for shipping, so overall you'll be ahead compared to buying from middle-man parts vendor!

I am also looking for the round, dash mounted front courtesey light lenses for a 1961 Buick convertible. These lenses appear to be crimped into the round metal bezel and it looks to me like you would have to replace the unit as an assembly. Any and all help appreciated. Thanks, Al

Guest Buicklover

Pete,

I ran a search on the part# 4482877 lens & 2 dealers in states near you show inventories of 9 & 3 respectively. Shoot me an e-mail if you're still interested, & I'll provide their name & 1-800 phone numbers. You can order from them & have shipped to your door step.

Hope this helps....

Sincerely,

Bill R.

Grand Blanc, Mi.

1956 Special Estate Wagon

1983 Riviera Convertible

BCA # 12454

ROA # 7997