1950 Chrysler Windsor

Talitom

I am looking for a Master Cylinder and brake lines for my 1950 Chrysler Windsor. I can't seem to find the exact parts for my car. Most of what I am coming across is for Desoto, Plymouth or Dodge. Are these parts interchangeable? 

Also, if anyone can let me know where I can by parts for this car that would be great. I am searching the internet constantly, but I know a lot of people have their own connections that may be helpful.

Edited by Talitom (see edit history)

Power brakes?  If not, the original MoPar master cylinder part number is 1320917 from what my book shows.  That number matches to 50-52 Chrysler, DeSoto and 51-52 Dodge station wagon.  Try contacting a guy from this forum called mobileparts (Craig) via a personal message.  He has a parts business and seems to have items like this in stock.  Inlinetube.com might have brake lines.

My book shows two part numbers for master cylinders for power brake models.

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The 1950 Windsor would not have the frame mounted brake booster unless it's a 8 passenger sedan or limo.

Cylinder bore would be 1-1/8".

Available almost anywhere.

But as already advised do contact Craig for a non chinese good quality master cylinder and other needed brake parts.

Chi-com parts belong where they are manufactured...not on old MoPars!

• Like 1

Talitom,

I responded to your message two hours ago.... You will have to wait quite some time for my "call back" ------- because, I don't have any phone number for you ?!?!?!? But, fortunately, I DID provide you with my phone number in the message ----- and here it is, here now.......

Always best to simply call me --- Craig --- 516 - 485 - 1935....

Not sure if there are any pre-made steel brake lines out there. However I have had great success making my own. Highly recommend the Calvan in line flaring tool. Skip the old style clamp double

flaring tool. Its a good lesson in frustration and why good tools are worth the money! lol

You can however, order new rubber flex lines, if that was what you meant.

Keith 

• Like 1