Source for carpet for a 1938 Special?

Pete Phillips

The carpet vendor I normally use only sells carpet for Buicks back to 1939. The floor is somewhat differently shaped for 1938. Does anyone have a source for carpet that is ready to install, or do I need to buy it in bulk and cut my own pattern? This is for a 1938 Special 4-dr. sedan. I am aware that it would have had rubber floor mats in front originally, but I don't like rubber floor mats due to the moisture they trap underneath.
Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX

I am not aware of anyone who produces that. I have been waiting for months for my local upholstery shop to do a few small items for my 1938 Century project and one of those items is the rear carpet.

• Like 1

I think some car restoration businesses / suppliers here in Australia are doing a booming business especially earlier in the year when people were working/ staying at home and thought to themselves "maybe I should get off the sofa and do something with that old car". I sent a part off for chroming recently and was told there would be a 4-6 week wait due to their backlog of work!