For Sale: 1940 Buick Super Model 51 - $12,000 - El Paso, TX - Not Mine

For Sale: 1940 Buick Super Model 51 - $12,000 - El Paso, TX

1940 Buick 51 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

This is a partially restored car. Frame off with chassis like new. Body painted in two tone green. Interior is original with all original switches and instruments in place. All gauges work except for the gas gauge. Glove box clock is not working. Radio is tube type and makes noise when warmed up but does not tune. This is an excellent candidate for a minimal cost full restoration as much of the work has already been done. Five new tires. Very clean engine compartment for straight eight engine. Radiator rebuilt. Three speed standard shift on the column. Maryland Title.

Copy and paste in your email:  f112edb6428736548032bd70bb5634a9@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1940 Buick Super Model 51 sedan.

'40 Buick Super TX a.jpg

'40 Buick Super TX b.jpg

'40 Buick Super TX c.jpg

'40 Buick Super TX d.jpg

'40 Buick Super TX e.jpg

'40 Buick Super TX f.jpg

'40 Buick Super TX g.jpg

'40 Buick Super TX h.jpg

'40 Buick Super TX i.jpg

'40 Buick Super TX j.jpg

• Like 1

All hilarity aside, it is a good-looking car. Those two-tone paint jobs are sharp.

Replacement motor?

"Frame off" makes me crazy, but what was supposedly done when the body was supposedly off? Does the seller just mean the fenders were pulled for the paint job, or what? Seems to me the engine bay would be painted body color if the body was lifted.

Not a bad asking price, but too many questions....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Malo48 said:

If I had the space I'd buy this and repaint it in that Hawaiian Orchid color as seen in that 1940 home film in California.

Funny, I was thinking the very same thing.